Mike Woodson to return as coach next season

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

All the respect in the world. UT has 3 double digit win seasons in 2 decades. I don't think UT and IU historically belong in the same example. 

PS...best friends have been Vol season ticket holders and friends for decades. Total clown show is what they describe UT as.

I think there are quite a few that would describe IU as a clown show as well...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 02Hoosier said:

I think there are quite a few that would describe IU as a clown show as well...

Not arguing that at all.....but historically IU Hoops and UT football don't belong in the same historical hemisphere.

PS....IU has been a clown show for 20+ years. No arguments there. Our best moment was our worst. Firing Sampson for a parking ticket.

• Like 1

Here's what I've heard through those close to the situation.

• Buckner was fed up with Woodson early on this season.  It started with Woodson's substitution patterns in the exhibition against UIndy back in October.  He has been pushing Dolson to make a move since then, but Dolson refused.
  • Dolson did not want to make a move until after the Solar Eclipse on April 8th.  Apparently, there are going to be several critical transfers visiting campus on that day, and IU already purchased 3 dozen pairs of protective glasses.
  • Woodson was unable to attend high school sectional games early last week because he was petitioning the NCAA to to give XJ lifetime eligibility.
  • Zach Edey is contemplating a transfer to IU.  His theory is that he might get 60-70 touches a game at IU. 
  • A petition to rename Assembly Hall 'The Hump' has over 37,000 signatures in just 2 days.  

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Here's what I've heard through those close to the situation.

• Buckner was fed up with Woodson early on this season.  It started with Woodson's substitution patterns in the exhibition against UIndy back in October.  He has been pushing Dolson to make a move since then, but Dolson refused.
  • Dolson did not want to make a move until after the Solar Eclipse on April 8th.  Apparently, there are going to be several critical transfers visiting campus on that day, and IU already purchased 3 dozen pairs of protective glasses.
  • Woodson was unable to attend high school sectional games early last week because he was petitioning the NCAA to to give XJ lifetime eligibility.
  • Zach Edey is contemplating a transfer to IU.  His theory is that he might get 60-70 touches a game at IU. 
  • A petition to rename Assembly Hall 'The Hump' has over 37,000 signatures in just 2 days.  

• XJ rumored to become next assistant coach under Woodson.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

All the respect in the world. UT has 3 double digit win seasons in 2 decades. I don't think UT and IU historically belong in the same example. 

PS...best friends have been Vol season ticket holders and friends for decades. Total clown show is what they describe UT as.

Wow 😂 I’m not going to dig into all this because it’s an IU board but your friends have some legit issues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Not arguing that at all.....but historically IU Hoops and UT football don't belong in the same historical hemisphere.

PS....IU has been a clown show for 20+ years. No arguments there. Our best moment was our worst. Firing Sampson for a parking ticket.

Wikipedia is your friend and or just a general knowledge of all sports helps.

Google can also be a fun friend.

Good luck!

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Their athletic dept puts ours to shame, tbh. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Woodson had an incredible opportunity to take responsibility and maybe even instill a little faith back in some of us last night in the post game. 

He chose to, again, act like a disconnected tool. 

If this shit wasn't bred into me, I'd be done. 

I’m gonna make an effort to use “disconnected tool” with my friend group lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I might make it my username 

I will miss your current username then because I have to confess every time I see it, I see “btownbbq” first, and I try to think of bbq places in Btown, bbq sounds good, and then oh, wait. QB. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, MrsStoller said:

I will miss your current username then because I have to confess every time I see it, I see “btownbbq” first, and I try to think of bbq places in Btown, bbq sounds good, and then oh, wait. QB. 😂

Speaking BBQ... had some in Texas this past weekend. Shewwwww. It was the real deal. 

Hutchins if you're ever in the Dallas area. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Speaking BBQ... had some in Texas this past weekend. Shewwwww. It was the real deal. 

Texas is the only place I've been where Kroger has end cap freezers full of 15-18 pound briskets

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Now this is why I visit this board. Well that, and bickering about Ballard’s roster construction with you. 😃 

Black’s in Austin and Joes in KC are 2 of the better BBQ joints I have been to.

In Indy, I really love Smokin Barrel and Trax. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Someone help me with this time line.  Didn't rabjohns drop that list of like 7 damning things on Woodson earlier in the week?  

Was rabjohns/peeps in the front of the line on this info from sources?

Yes.  Sounds like Dolson sure wanted to make a change just didn't have the support he needed.  Too many clueless administrators still running the show.  Apparently many are very butthurt on how Glass treated Woody when Crean was fired.   Because of that he gets another year and it has nothing to do with what's in the best interests of the program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yes.  Sounds like Dolson sure wanted to make a change just didn't have the support he needed.  Too many clueless administrators still running the show.  Apparently many are very butthurt on how Glass treated Woody when Crean was fired.   Because of that he gets another year and it has nothing to do with what's in the best interests of the program.

I will say... our top 2 candidates, imo, will both be available this time next year. 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I will say... our top 2 candidates, imo, will both be available this time next year. 

If May does go to OSU that buyout will be like 25-30.  

Pearl would crush it at Louisville.  Id choose him over Mack.  Another monster buyout.