Mike Woodson to return as coach next season

i'm not convinced that that announcement really means anything.  things may very well get even uglier.  maybe Woodson gets tired of it all?  there aren't any quotes from IU officials in there.  if he is back, we'd have to have Liam at the 3, Mtaco at the 4, and Reneau at the 5 along with 2 stud guards.  if we are so talented that even Woodson can't mess it up, i could see a good season.  like say, JHS and TJD.  thing is, Taco doesn't want to play the 4 and Reneau doesn't want to play the 5.  so embarrassing that we have to announce that our coach won't be fired in season and that we don't care about winning.  let's just postpone one more year before we even try to be good again.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Good deal. The man deserves a chance to fix his mistakes from this year. MM comes back, Malik comes back, add Liam and hit that portal along with a correctly played position in TG and we can get healthy really quick.

This is where I'm at. Woodson wasn't going to be fired for one bad season. There are real concerns and red flags, but there's also a real chance we get back on track next season and the arrow is firmly pointed up in twelve months. I'm going to root for that outcome, at least. Go Hoosiers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This is where I'm at. Woodson wasn't going to be fired for one bad season. There are real concerns and red flags, but there's also a real chance we get back on track next season and the arrow is firmly pointed up in twelve months. I'm going to root for that outcome, at least. Go Hoosiers.

Walk me through that chance, because I don't really see that in the cards. What are you seeing as a reasonable progression that would be the arrow firmly pointing up?

• Like 2

I am not thrilled with this decision but I am hoping for us to finish the year strong. The last couple of weeks I have not liked the feeling of hoping for losses so we would make a coaching change. I am not wired that way and I will still watch every game next year and hope for a great season.

• Like 1