Mike Woodson to return as coach next season

On 3/6/2024 at 9:31 PM, Maedhros said:

Ware's going pro, but retain Malik, Mgbako and Galloway. Recruit the portal to fill around them, and McNeeley, with skills that balance the roster. Go all in on the '25 class over the summer and give us some promise for the future. Realize after a rough season that your coaching will need to adapt to play a winning style of basketball.

There's a path there. I make no assurances it will happen, or even that it's likely, but this what I hope to see. A year from now we'll have our answer, one way or another. I don't see the worth in getting upset about bad things that haven't happened yet. I love Indiana Basketball, but it's just a game. When my team loses it just means I didn't get to enjoy a win, doesn't affect my life any more than that. So I'm going to hope Woodson makes the most of this opportunity right up until I'm proven wrong. 

Well... nevermind all that.

• Sad 2

This program is going to have a failure of Georgetown epic proportions. It is scary how similar this is going to turn out…just wonder if we will ever turn it around as clearly Georgetown with all of their history is struggling to this day.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 4

Last question before I go to bed. Who is in a better spot in basketball right now? 
Louisville or Indiana

Michigan or Indiana

DePaul or Indiana

good night all. Always a great time on the chat with all.

6 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

Last question before I go to bed. Who is in a better spot in basketball right now? 
Louisville or Indiana

Michigan or Indiana

DePaul or Indiana

good night all. Always a great time on the chat with all.

Louisville is going to move on from Payne at the end of the season.  100% guaranteed.

Michigan just won a championship in the sport they care about most.

Indiana over DePaul.  Bruce Pearl wants to come to Indiana. In the <2% chance Woodson quits at the end of the season, the Hoosiers could land a good coach with a bigger than life personality, which is exactly what the program needs.

Knight was a GREAT coach with a bigger than life personality.  He succeeded at IU

Sampson was a GREAT coach with no personality at all, but would have succeeded at IU because of his coaching acumen.

Pearl is a GOOD coach, but with a bigger than life personality and passion for what he does. that would help make him successful at IU.  not to Knight's level, because Perl isn't that level of a coach.   

To succeed, IU needs a great coach (Sampson), a larger than life personality (Pearl), or both (Knight).  Without either f those things, the job will swallow the coach whole.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 3Ballin said:

Our roster is guna look like last chance U.  Bunch of 27 yr olds with 3 kids n bad knees......huh, maybe X will get that 7th year? 🤔

i saw a tweet about Tijan Jobe's 38th bday.  does he have eligibility left?  it could be reminiscent of Moore, Finkleheimer, Capobianco, Tabor, and co.   

Just now, NCHoosier32 said:

i saw a tweet about Tijan Jobe's 38th bday.  does he have eligibility left?  it could be reminiscent of Moore, Finkleheimer, Capobianco, Tabor, and co.   

why no one convinced Bobby Capobianco to play defensive tackle or OT... is beyond me. When we wer SOs in HS Bobby was soooo big. Legit 6'8 240/250 at that point. His sport wasn't basketball. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

why no one convinced Bobby Capobianco to play defensive tackle or OT... is beyond me. When we wer SOs in HS Bobby was soooo big. Legit 6'8 240/250 at that point. His sport wasn't basketball. 

His family was super nice as well.  We talked to them during a Haunted Hall of hoops and his dad let me where is Bobby jersey for fan interaction they did as I came from work and didn’t have IU gear on.

Edited by iuthruandthru
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Knight was a GREAT coach with a bigger than life personality.  He succeeded at IU

Sampson was a GREAT coach with no personality at all, but would have succeeded at IU because of his coaching acumen.

Pearl is a GOOD coach, but with a bigger than life personality and passion for what he does. that would help make him successful at IU.  not to Knight's level, because Perl isn't that level of a coach.   

Zero chance that Iwho hires anyone with a larger than life persona.

end of RMK, dickitch, davis, sampson, cream, achillies, woody is not the problem.

Pearl aint coming, no matter how he want's it.

P

r

o

v

e

Me wrong. IU mens basketball (more importantly, the IU fan base) is right where the lipstick left coast liberals what them to be. While you all are on suicide watch, Sacramento overruns Hoop nation. They are REALLY good at bringing down strength.

ANY of the last 4 coaches could have won with an IU logo on their collar left alone.   

5 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Zero chance that Iwho hires anyone with a larger than life persona.

end of RMK, dickitch, davis, sampson, cream, achillies, woody is not the problem.

Pearl aint coming, no matter how he want's it.

P

r

o

v

e

Me wrong. IU mens basketball (more importantly, the IU fan base) is right where the lipstick left coast liberals what them to be. While you all are on suicide watch, Sacramento overruns Hoop nation. They are REALLY good at bringing down strength.

ANY of the last 4 coaches could have won with an IU logo on their collar left alone.   

Ok I am lost can you explain further what you mean? Just cause I am curious. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Ok I am lost can you explain further what you mean? Just cause I am curious. Thank you. 

Shorter version. There are too many cooks stirring the pot. 

Our herd is 99 bulls and only 1 heifer.

Someone hitched the cart to the front of the horse (I'm not sure that this one works, but I've been trying to fit it in somewhere for a week).

• Haha 3

With Woody, I totally get why he is getting a 4th year (not considering the rumors and stories), even though I feel like the writing is on the wall that this won’t work out.

In a perfect world, Woodson turns everything around (coaching, recruiting, attitude, off-court stuff) and restores us back as a blue-blood. Unfortunately, don’t see it happening. If it does end this year or next, regardless of how bad it gets, I hope we can still love and support Woodson the player. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

With Woody, I totally get why he is getting a 4th year (not considering the rumors and stories), even though I feel like the writing is on the wall that this won’t work out.

In a perfect world, Woodson turns everything around (coaching, recruiting, attitude, off-court stuff) and restores us back as a blue-blood. Unfortunately, don’t see it happening. If it does end this year or next, regardless of how bad it gets, I hope we can still love and support Woodson the player. 

He should be booed every time he sets foot in AH just due to forcing this hire.  He was part of it.  

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Just keeping it @IU_realist ..... 

Chihuahua tickling is anal glands... How they feeling right now? 

Nice find. Some interesting reading on this last page. Time for any crow to be served or do we have to wait for the season to get going? 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Nice find. Some interesting reading on this last page. Time for any crow to be served or do we have to wait for the season to get going? 

Or we hope for the best for IU basketball and stop the back and forth cycle of divisiveness?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Or we hope for the best for IU basketball and stop the back and forth cycle of divisiveness?

No matter how right you........... well .... kind of, maybe,somewhat.... possibly , in a slime chance.... may be....

NOPE, NOT A CHANCE IN ...... YET...

Woodson could win #6 and people would complain that we weren’t undefeated. 

We could go undefeated and people would complain that we got lucky too many times. The wins weren’t convincing enough. 

We could go undefeated and win every game by 30 and the same people would complain that it wasn’t the “old B10 home and home schedule” so it doesn’t count as much. And we had more than 2 players that weren’t from Indiana. 🙄

Translation: some people aren’t happy unless they’re complaining, and some people will never be totally happy with IU basketball until the remains of RMK are reanimated and the calendar says 1978 again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1