BTT Nebraska Game Thread

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was just texting with my Dad. For the old school crowd. He played vs Oscar. He goes I can't imagine being as athletic or as long as some of our guys and NOT being able to challenge guys so yes it's on the players. Yes it's also on the staff to find the players. I'll take 9 new ones next year please.

we agree.....its on both.

• Like 1

Just now, B_A said:

I missed it, was it bad?

Johnson could have lobbed it up, didn’t, and Ware looked at him and shook his head and glared over at the bench. Ironically right after announcers quoted Woodson as saying Johnson’s leadership was key to the little winning streak. 

• Haha 1

Previewing the coming days and weeks.

- Several in the portal

- Ware will declare for the draft

- MM to declare, test his draft status or transfer

- Lots of rumors around potential additions

It's going to be a long offseason unless they can bring in legit talent. If they don't it will be an even longer next season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was just texting with my Dad. For the old school crowd. He played vs Oscar. He goes I can't imagine being as athletic or as long as some of our guys and NOT being able to challenge guys so yes it's on the players. Yes it's also on the staff to find the players. I'll take 9 new ones next year please.

Unless he changes his offense, no real guards will want to play for Woodson. It is obvious our lack of guard play is why we are bad but it is also how he runs his offense 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWOHoosier said:

Johnson could have lobbed it up, didn’t, and Ware looked at him and shook his head and glared over at the bench. Ironically right after announcers quoted Woodson as saying Johnson’s leadership was key to the little winning streak. 

Geezus. What a clusterf*ck. 

Just now, Euroclydon said:

Previewing the coming days and weeks.

- Several in the portal

- Ware will declare for the draft

- MM to declare, test his draft status or transfer

- Lots of rumors around potential additions

It's going to be a long offseason unless they can bring in legit talent. If they don't it will be an even longer next season.

We are gambling on the portal for next year. That’s a risky bet. It’s  why I wish we would have just ripped off the band aid this year. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Indykev said:

we agree.....its on both.

Starts with the staff. These kids didn't just start playing basketball. They were good players before they arrived. But they are a piece of a puzzle and the coach has to utilize them, improve them and lead them. Leadership at the top stinks and trickles down to the players leading to the dysfunctional mess we are watching

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Inequality said:

Starts with the staff. These kids didn't just start playing basketball. They were good players before they arrived. But they are a piece of a puzzle and the coach has to utilize them, improve them and lead them. Leadership at the top stinks and trickles down to the players leading to the dysfunctional mess we are watching

yes starts with coaching

• Like 2