2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I usually dont try to read between the lines on all this stuff. Wait for an official announcement. Then either celebrate or move on.

However, in this case, I really hope Adam is referring to good news with the Anderson visit.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

I usually dont try to read between the lines on all this stuff. Wait for an official announcement. Then either celebrate or move on.

However, in this case, I really hope Adam is referring to good news with the Anderson visit.  

Adam's been pretty spot on, or whatever you'd call it, the last 2-3 weeks. I see what you're saying.🙏

That's a nasty top 8, if so. 

Leal, Newton, Cupps-- 2 to go? Man we'd be in a good spot. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Adam's been pretty spot on, or whatever you'd call it, the last 2-3 weeks. I see what you're saying.🙏

That's a nasty top 8, if so. 

Leal, Newton, Cupps-- 2 to go? Man we'd be in a good spot. 

I agree. First time in years I’d expect to be ranked top 25 all season. No excuses. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I agree. First time in years I’d expect to be ranked top 25 all season. No excuses. 

For sure. I've beeen pretty hesitant to question "in game coaching", "style of play" because of roster deficiencies... some by our own doing, regardless, pressure is on now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

For sure. I've beeen pretty hesitant to question "in game coaching", "style of play" because of roster deficiencies... some by our own doing, regardless, pressure is on now. 

Roger that… Now, show us what you can do with “these tools”! 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

2022-23 was widely considered a Top 10-12 team preseason. 

Never saw it. I’m a huge believer that the college game is a guards game. And we haven’t had the guards necessary since Yogi, which means the Crean era. Just one man’s opinion and philosophy on basketball. 

X was too inconsistent in his play for my liking to consider IU a top 10-12 team. Also the lack of shooting and true post size. TJD was great but undersized. Saw that vs Arizona for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Never saw it. I’m a huge believer that the college game is a guards game. And we haven’t had the guards necessary since Yogi, which means the Crean era. Just one man’s opinion and philosophy on basketball. 

X was too inconsistent in his play for my liking to consider IU a top 10-12 team. Also the lack of shooting and true post size. TJD was great but undersized. Saw that vs Arizona for sure. 

I would say they were a consensus top "teen"  or 20. I don't think top 10. That would have been a stretch. And I would agree. Basketball is always about guard play and we haven't had a lot of those the past few seasons. 

6 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I would say they were a consensus top "teen"  or 20. I don't think top 10. That would have been a stretch. And I would agree. Basketball is always about guard play and we haven't had a lot of those the past few seasons. 

We were 13 pre-season in the AP and 14 from the coaches. 

AP had us ranked all but 3 weeks of the year.

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 5:24 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Yeah if you are a good player a few of those guys are of no concern to you.  

Let me try getting intel from my buddy that coaches at UNF on how good Anderson actually is.

i asked him the following: 

Me: So rumor is Zach Anderson might be committing to IU. Is he power 5 talent especially in a bench role???

Him: Yeah I think he will be a good bench talent. We had a kid on a visit this weekend that actually visited Indiana a couple weeks ago Diamant Blazi. 

Me: Is Zach Anderson a good kid or how is his reputation? 

Him: Zach is a great kid…we have known him since 7th grade. We tried hard to get him but already had other guys in his position. 

sounds like we might get a good one and they might get Blazi. If they develop Blazi like I think they can that could be good for IU down the road if he liked us on our visit. For those who don’t know UNF’s head coach was a long time top assistant for Drew at Baylor.

Edited by IUfaninIllinois
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Indykev said:

the smoke was from the pot being smoked on campus during little 5. kid was visiting his brother.

That was really what I personally thought but other people were saying there was something to it. I think it’s because of the vague clues about a senior that’s going to enter the portal that’s a shooter that is supposedly a done deal to IU but he hasn’t yet entered the portal. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That was really what I personally thought but other people were saying there was something to it. I think it’s because of the vague clues about a senior that’s going to enter the portal that’s a shooter that is supposedly a done deal to IU but he hasn’t yet entered the portal. 

Do you believe there is any truth to that rumor of the mystery player

13 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

I absolutely believe it. The person it is coming from is very reputable and doesn’t just post to post or stir the pot. Tyme has alluded to it recently as well.

I thought that was all about Goode though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jay edwards brother said:

Personally I say take Zach Anderson if he is ready to commit. Don't slow roll him to wait on some mystery guy. Take him before he leaves campus. We saw how that worked out last year.

I don’t believe he’s being slow rolled