2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

16 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

It’s not as easy as some thought it would be to fill out the bench 

To me, the bench is where the UCONN’s, KU’s and UNC’s of the world have the advantage. For guys looking to start, it’s who can make the best offer (within reason) but you get outside of top 6 spots on a roster, now recent program success is more heavily weighted because if I’m not gonna start, I’d at least like to be playing for a known winner

25 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I wonder how many people are checking this thread for transfer updates, and screaming at us everytime they read our nonsense.  Lol

We need some IU news badly.  

If you've been here more than 2-3 times, you're accustomed to such nonsense.  :coffee:

I saw that Brendan Hausen from Villanova is expected to visit Nebraska now on Monday. Seems most of their fans hope they don’t put the full press on trying to get Essegian if they’re able to end up getting Hausen instead. 

55 minutes ago, Indykev said:

100% we are was posted here a few times. One Crystal ball for Neb. was entered by a Neb. insider but what do they know.

I mean seriously, “What do they know, know, know.   Go to work in some high rise building and vacation down at the Gulf of Mexico….oooh, yeah.”

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, WRSMick55 said:

image.thumb.png.6983fbadd0b2ff6260cbd4df630a87f5.png

A few interesting tidbits:

He basically "redshirted" in HS, taking his sophomore year over when he transferred to Worcester Academy during Covid. He's a 20 year old freshman. He shoots right handed, but he was a very good left-handed pitcher in HS. Had a 3.9 GPA in HS. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I never thought it would be easy because these guys are transferring to start and not come off the bench. It probably would been better to have a couple more high school recruits who could come off the bench.

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I never thought it would be easy because these guys are transferring to start and not come off the bench. It probably would been better to have a couple more high school recruits who could come off the bench.

I suspect there will be plenty of kids by the beginning of fall who didn’t get the offers they hoped for and still looking for a home regardless of an open spot in the starting lineup. Now isn’t the time to be adding roster spots 9-13

Edited by Hoosier82

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And I guess it's now 4 cents but I wouldn't mind holding one bullet left in the chamber when kids go to NBA Camp and find out they aren't getting drafted.

I know the last scholarship is a sensitive topic but I'd prefer to hold one.

Ditto.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Yep but someone didn’t want to put in the time. They’ll be able to find some guys but it won’t be big names like everyone wants 

46 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

And I guess it's now 4 cents but I wouldn't mind holding one bullet left in the chamber when kids go to NBA Camp and find out they aren't getting drafted.

I know the last scholarship is a sensitive topic but I'd prefer to hold one.

I heard Rabjohn's say the other day that the kid from UE is trying to get workouts for NBA teams. He said it might be awhile until he worries about setting up visits to colleges.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yep but someone didn’t want to put in the time. They’ll be able to find some guys but it won’t be big names like everyone wants 

Why would a guy like Power transfer from Duke to only he a role player somewhere else. I am hopeful that Newton can be able to he healthy for next year and be a contributor off the bench. If we knew he could then all we would need is a backup 4 and 5. That is if we get Carlyle 

17 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Why would a guy like Power transfer from Duke to only he a role player somewhere else. I am hopeful that Newton can be able to he healthy for next year and be a contributor off the bench. If we knew he could then all we would need is a backup 4 and 5. That is if we get Carlyle 

He’d be a backup 4 and we have a huge hole for that role

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because he would be a role player at best at Duke? 

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I heard Rabjohn's say the other day that the kid from UE is trying to get workouts for NBA teams. He said it might be awhile until he worries about setting up visits to colleges.

Players like that are why I'm in no hurry to fill all the scholarships. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

It sounds like he hardly got off the bench (?) at Duke so being on the bench at IU with actually more minutes per game with  opportunity in future years might be a draw. Or not.

Not super concerned right now about trying to get bench role/depth players. 247Sports said 2 days ago there’s over 1700+ players in the portal, with over 17 former burger boys. 

I think a lot of them (especially underclassman) are in for a wake up call.  
At the end of the day, only 68 teams get to the tournament. They may all have convinced themselves they deserve a starting role, but obviously numbers wise, only 340 kids in the entire nation get to be a starter and get to March Madness. And we all know it’s not 68 Power 5 schools getting there. So yea, a lot of these kids at some point are going to have to make compromises/sacrifices with their wishes if they want to be a part of something meaningful. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I don’t think anyone thought it would be easy. People want playing time. I don’t think you have to be a college coach to know that. Everyone is dealing with the same thing. 

• Like 1