2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 minute ago, OGIUAndy said:

Me too. He took 51 shots, 42 were threes, made 15 so 35.7%. Works for me with a much higher volume. I don't care what position the threes come from, just take and make more. 

Actually, it's his position that makes him valuable.  Contrary to what some want to believe, we can't just roll Reneau and 4 guards out on the floor.  Power has the size to play as a stretch-4 alongside either Reneau or Ballo, or if MM runs into foul trouble or if we just need the size on the floor, he could play alongside both Reneau and Ballo as a wing. 

Essegian is just another decent shooting SG.  Power gives us both shooting and flexibility. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Or if they both wind up here.....gravy.

And is Calhoun's health the word? :coffee:

I know I've said this at least a few times, and if anyone is wondering WTF I'm talking about, the "Calhoun's health is the word" goes all the way back to HSN 1.0, when it was part of the Scout.com network.

During the recruitment of former 5* Jelan Kendrick (which I believe was 2007-2008ish), at one point it was reported it was a tossup between IU and UConn.  An "insider" posted that Kendrick to IU was a "Done deal, Calhoun's health is the word".  At the time, Jim Calhoun was fighting cancer.  Well, as it turns out, Kendrick was a bust who played 3 different places, none of which were IU or UConn. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Blasphemy.  We need shooters, dammit, shooters! I don't care if they're 4'8" and move slower than 1998 Steve Kerr....shooters!

:coffee:

If Grant Gelon was available with his 41.8% HS 3pt percentage, people would be clamoring for him and then claim a giant travesty when he went elsewhere?!

• Like 1

Just now, bluegrassIU said:

See! Thisnis the awful humor that I say is a direct fallout of @Zlinedavid returning to HSN.

It's nasty contagious. 

So, as zline often gets, I give you a 🤦‍♂️

Hey, the "German chocolate pineapple upside down cake" line was funny, I don't care who ya are. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

See! This is the awful humor that I say is a direct fallout of @Zlinedavid returning to HSN.

It's nasty contagious. 

So, as zline often gets, I give you a 🤦‍♂️

I’m sorry, but my sarcasms and dry sense of humor has done well for me as a HS teacher for 30 years!!! lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my two cents. With Tucker, Rice, and Ballo we've already crushed the offseason. If/when Carlyle says yes that's even better.

No disrespect to the Hickman or Essegian types but they won't move the needle like the above. If Essegian comes great. If not....find another. 

Quick, someone make a 2024 portal banner!!! 

(this is a joke and only a joke, had I been serious I’d be a PUke fan). 

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Actually, it's his position that makes him valuable.  Contrary to what some want to believe, we can't just roll Reneau and 4 guards out on the floor.  Power has the size to play as a stretch-4 alongside either Reneau or Ballo, or if MM runs into foul trouble or if we just need the size on the floor, he could play alongside both Reneau and Ballo as a wing. 

Essegian is just another decent shooting SG.  Power gives us both shooting and flexibility. 

Can Power actually play the 3? I haven’t seen him play, but everything I’ve seen has him listed as a PF. Feel like him, Reneau, and Ballo at the same time wouldn’t be a lineup that would work very well, especially defensively.

30 minutes ago, Indykev said:

100% we are was posted here a few times. One Crystal ball for Neb. was entered by a Neb. insider but what do they know.

They think he is a triple option quarterback. 

6 minutes ago, Kdug said:

Can Power actually play the 3? I haven’t seen him play, but everything I’ve seen has him listed as a PF. Feel like him, Reneau, and Ballo at the same time wouldn’t be a lineup that would work very well, especially defensively.

In a pinch, maybe.  He's listed as a PF, but if you look at him play, he's very much a euro/stretch-4, not a traditional 4.