2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

Technically MM could be considered a 4 but yea Woodson will go after a backup big

He's not going to play the majority of his minutes there if any so there really isn't any point in considering that

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Zach Anderson from FGCU is supposedly visiting IU

He's the kid who went for 19 against us on 5-7 3 point shooting...39% from 3 for the year and 13 ppg

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

I don’t care what anyone says. This is the most fun group. And I’m hoping it is as much fun during the season as it has been during the past few offseasons. 

Breath into the bag.......🤣:coffee:

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think of the 4 schollies left- two need to be of guys 6'8+ that can play the 4 and 5. 

Blasphemy.  We need shooters, dammit, shooters! I don't care if they're 4'8" and move slower than 1998 Steve Kerr....shooters!

:coffee:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Didn't really see the court much at Duke BUT I think he'd be a solid stretch big off of the bench(small stretch).  and he'd still have 3 years left(including this upcoming season).  

Thoughts on how TJ would fit in at IU?

Top 20 kid. It appears Duke no longer play Freshmen not named Flagg. ha.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

TJ Power is a better fit for the current roster than Essegian is imo

Was never sold.on Essegian. Decent player, but there are dozens as good as him available. It's the expected bias because he is from Indiana.

If he was from Georgia, we wouldn't even give him much consideration as a fan base.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Nobody seems to be able to confirm. Kind of out of left field for someone to make this up though so I believe it.

That's what happened with Walker last year. Came out of nowhere and then committed to IU while on a visit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Was never sold.on Essegian. Decent player, but there are dozens as good as him available. It's the expected bias because he is from Indiana.

If he was from Georgia, we wouldn't even give him much consideration as a fan base.

The player equivalent to Dusty May then. 

I don't care if a player is from the state of Indiana, Indiana, Pennslyvania or ïиdïåиå, Czechoslovakia.  Get the 4 best players available. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my two cents. With Tucker, Rice, and Ballo we've already crushed the offseason. If/when Carlyle says yes that's even better.

No disrespect to the Hickman or Essegian types but they won't move the needle like the above. If Essegian comes great. If not....find another. 

Honestly, I'd prefer Power over Essegian at this point anyway. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zlinedavid said:

Honestly, I'd prefer Power over Essegian at this point anyway. 

Me too. He took 51 shots, 42 were threes, made 15 so 35.7%. Works for me with a much higher volume. I don't care what position the threes come from, just take and make more. 

• Like 1