2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

On 4/15/2024 at 5:40 PM, Between2Halls said:

Recruiting is far too fluid to believe too much until the player himself announces. And even then there is the possibility of him changing his mind. 

I’ll bump this because a wise guy said it. Also because we have to remember that was is “done” today can be undone or redone tomorrow. Nobody here has an agenda. I value the insight and info. Does it make me at times get my hopes up? Sure. But I also am balanced enough to know it’s all fluid. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Kentucky tried that one year when they had the Harrison twins.  It worked with moderate success until there were injuries and certain players struggled or didn't mesh. Cal ended up settling on more of a 7-8 man rotation. 

2014-15, and they did legitimately go 10 deep but it was injuries that shut it down.  Cauley-Stein, both Harrisons, Lyles, Ulis, Booker, KAT, Dakari Johnson, Alex Poythress and Marcus Lee all averaged 10+ MPG, but Poythress went down early in the season and Lee was dinged up most of the year. 

And it worked, that was the year they were undefeated until they lost to Wisky in the FF. 

One of the only times Wisconsin has ever been useful. 😂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He and Carlyle played AAU together, didn't they?

Don't know about that specifically. Though they're both rising sophomores, Rice was two classes ahead of Carlyle, so I'm not sure how much they would have played together. But they're both from the Atlanta area and I've heard it said they're buds. 

17 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

FTR, I'm not saying it's impossible. But there's depth and there's 'stupid depth'. You need 'stupid depth' to get close to a platoon substitution in CBB. On top of that you'll need to avoid injuries....so that stupid depth is more like 11-12 deep. And selling that in today's climate of transfers, NIL and the desire for playing time is a tough task. 

Maybe I'll be proven wrong though. 

Agreed, tough to get 10 + players with equal skill at one time to not see a significant drop off and allow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WRSMick55 said:

Agreed, tough to get 10 + players with equal skill at one time to not see a significant drop off and allow.

Starting 5:

Rice 

Carlyle

MM

Reneau 

Ballo

next 5:

Cupps/gallo

Gallo/tucker

Tucker/newton

open spot 

Malone 

Newton got to practice a decent amount plus sit and learn and I think he explosive like Rice and Carlyle m. If he is confident and not scared of hurting his knee and is comfortable in the system he could be a player. It’s not like he was a 3 star coming in. If I remember correctly he also has a big wing span. 

Edited by IUfaninIllinois
  • Like 1

Just now, IUfaninIllinois said:

Starting 5:

Rice 

Carlyle

MM

Reneau 

Ballo

next 5:

Cupps

Gallo 

Newton/Leal

open spot 

Malone 

Newton got to practice a decent amount plus sit and learn and I think he explosive like Rice and Carlyle m. If he is confident and not scared of hurting his knee and is comfortable in the system he could be a player. It’s not like he was a 3 star coming in. If I remember correctly he also has a big wing span. 

Tucker?

Adou Thiero(6'8" 222lbs listed as a guard on ESPN but more likely a SF imo) visited IU during his original recruitment coming out of high school, a versatile defender and has a high motor.  Isn't Bryson Tucker considered to be very similar to that of Adou?  Can you imagine them two on the court together.  

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

Adou Thiero(6'8" 222lbs listed as a guard on ESPN but more likely a SF imo) visited IU during his original recruitment coming out of high school, a versatile defender and has a high motor.  Isn't Bryson Tucker considered to be very similar to that of Adou?  Can you imagine them two on the court together.  

yes of course

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Starting 5:

Rice 

Carlyle

MM

Reneau 

Ballo

next 5:

Cupps

Gallo 

Newton/Leal

open spot 

Malone 

It sounded good until i saw it with my eyeballs. Even with Tucker thrown in there i almost threw up in my mouth. With that said, there should NOT be next five

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Starting 5:

Rice 

Carlyle

MM

Reneau 

Ballo

next 5:

Cupps

Gallo/ Newton 

Tucker/Leal 

Thiero or Power

Malone 

IMO.  

Just now, ledies22 said:

It sounded good until i saw it with my eyeballs. Even with Tucker thrown in there i almost threw up in my mouth. With that said, there should NOT be next five

Starting 5

1) rice

2) carlyle

3) MM

4) MR

5) Ballo

6) Gallo

7/8/9) Malone/Tucker/Xfer Big

bench: Leal Newton Cupps

This format looks better to me lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

And by "coaching malfeasance", you mean Teflon John being an idiot, right?

19 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

2014-15, and they did legitimately go 10 deep but it was injuries that shut it down.  Cauley-Stein, both Harrisons, Lyles, Ulis, Booker, KAT, Dakari Johnson, Alex Poythress and Marcus Lee all averaged 10+ MPG, but Poythress went down early in the season and Lee was dinged up most of the year. 

And it worked, that was the year they were undefeated until they lost to Wisky in the FF. 

One of the only times Wisconsin has ever been useful. 😂

Yet someone questioned my suggestion (not here I don't think) that Calipari is a mediocre coach. The talent he was bringing in year-in-year-out at UK I could probably do as well as he did. 

17 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I find this really weird how you are baggin on the guys coming here call it a done deal to IU. Then turn around and say "this one is over." because of a crystal ball prediction.

I’m just trying to jinx the outcome here! It’s what I do best!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Starting 5:

Rice 

Carlyle

MM

Reneau 

Ballo

next 5:

Cupps

Gallo 

Newton/Leal

open spot 

Malone 

If Woody could go 10 deep that would be great, and maybe the roster you listed could do it. Hell, I don’t know. What I know is from living in Indiana all my life. Never coached or played organized. I do agree that Newton is being casually dismissed and could be a wild card.

• Like 1