2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

so i posted in the transfer portal thread about the top guys according to 247.  why do i not see those names on here?  we already know where they are going?  i just figured we have this huge amount of money and assurance that Woodson will have all the resources to bring in a new team, so we should be in on Garrison, McDaniel, Porter, etc.  right?

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

so i posted in the transfer portal thread about the top guys according to 247.  why do i not see those names on here?  we already know where they are going?  i just figured we have this huge amount of money and assurance that Woodson will have all the resources to bring in a new team, so we should be in on Garrison, McDaniel, Porter, etc.  right?

We are waiting for their moms to contact woodson.

PS. We should be sending mgbako's mom a cake for thinking of us or we may have had a losing season this year.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I'm having trouble understanding this one. What is the complaint here? Just scrolling through Joe Tipton's twitter, I see us linked with Michael Ajayi (3rd on 247), Amari Williams (4th), Frankie Fidler (9th), Dakota Leffew (10th).

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I'm having trouble understanding this one. What is the complaint here? Just scrolling through Joe Tipton's twitter, I see us linked with Michael Ajayi (3rd on 247), Amari Williams (4th), Frankie Fidler (9th), Dakota Leffew (10th).

it updates so fast that i hadn't refreshed to see Fidler or Leffew ranked.  i saw Ajayi.  think i did see Williams.  not bad.  i know we can't be in on all.  any idea if 1,2, and 5 are more less already committed elsewhere?

19 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

As we've seen in the past (very recent past) being "linked" with a kid and actually getting him are two very different things. I still think some of the Twitter folks post things just for clicks anyway. Doesn't hurt them as they are not predicting anything at this point. Even when they do predict, those things change as reality sets in.

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looked at his stats and it looks like he was very inconsistent. His shooting not great but did have games where he shot the 3 well.

He was a freshman and there’s upside there. Plus IU isn’t in a position to be very picky. If they gain traction with someone that has talent the need to lock them up. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He was a freshman and there’s upside there. Plus IU isn’t in a position to be very picky. If they gain traction with someone that has talent the need to lock them up. 

Can't be picky but need some patience as well. Not just talking about Carlyle but the better players might enter at a later date. You can have some surprise guys enter like Dickinson did last year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can't be picky but need some patience as well. Not just talking about Carlyle but the better players might enter at a later date. You can have some surprise guys enter like Dickinson did last year.

IU has plenty of roster spots to work with 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Not saying you're wrong, but that's no way to build a championship roster. Just a mishmash of poorly fitting parts.

Edit: To clarify, not suggesting you think otherwise. Just talking out loud.

Edited by IUProfessor
  • Like 1