2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

23 hours ago, Maedhros said:

My least favorite effect of a losing season is the compulsion some feel to then shit all over absolutely everything connected to the program. As though there is nothing of worth to be found from the wreckage. Some of y'all need to be better at holding two thoughts in your head at the same time.

We're calling for Malik Reneau to transfer? Really? The kid has flaws in his game, sure. This is college, everyone does. He'll be the first to tell you he fouls too much, as anyone who saw his post game interview can attest. He's also just a sophomore, took a leap last year, and there's no reason think he won't continue improving. Already he was comfortably our second best player last season. If you're worrying about all the spots we have to fill in the portal, why would you want that guy to leave?

There are rumors Malik might transfer, and it's because he's getting serious offers from other schools. Programs that see the value he has and believe he can contribute to winning. But y'all want to cut him loose, I guess because we lost a lot of games in a season where everyone knew our backcourt was going to be a concern. You want players who stick at Indiana for multiple seasons? You want players who develop and improve? Then you want Malik Reneau.

This might be my favorite post ever on this board.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Safe to assume he’s a depth piece? 

Are you basing that on the fact that DePaul is the other team in play at the moment or the fact he played at a lower level? 

I ask, because if the latter, don't forget Dalton Knecht played at Northern Colorado before transferring to Tennessee.

In regards to DePaul being the competition, there could very well be other high major schools that would show interest, but who are pre-occupied right now with that tournament thingy that some schools do in March.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:31 PM, Maedhros said:

My least favorite effect of a losing season is the compulsion some feel to then shit all over absolutely everything connected to the program. As though there is nothing of worth to be found from the wreckage.

Also known as the BtownBanners method.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Are you basing that on the fact that DePaul is the other team in play at the moment or the fact he played at a lower level? 

I ask, because if the latter, don't forget Dalton Knecht played at Northern Colorado before transferring to Tennessee.

Nah, it just seems things are moving quicker in his recruitment in comparison to other guys were are in on. Plus the portal hasn’t been open for very long and plenty of guys to further consider. Nothing to do with the list of teams interested or where he played. Pretty sure Kansas was in contact with him anyway…

Don’t even have to move conferences lol, can stay in the Big Ten and add Domask/Baldwin/Williams/Walker/Langborg/Young/Jones etc. as guys that didn’t play at major schools yet made a big impact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02Hoosier said:

Mgbako, cupps, and Newton for sure back or is that your guess?

Things are trending toward Mgbako being back. Newton isn’t likely to go anywhere unless he’s done playing because of his injury. Cupps isn’t going anywhere unless he gets pushed out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Things are trending toward Mgbako being back. Newton isn’t likely to go anywhere unless he’s done playing because of his injury. Cupps isn’t going anywhere unless he gets pushed out.

Thanks. I think both party would benefit with Mgbako returning so that’s good to hear. Also good to hear about Newton, looking forward to him being healthy next year and contributing. I know there were rumors about Cupps over on BTB so I wasn’t sure what’s happening there.

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah I know he was testing draft waters but I haven’t seen any mock drafts with him in it or if he is in any then it’s a late second round.

24 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

19 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Thanks. I think both party would benefit with Mgbako returning so that’s good to hear. Also good to hear about Newton, looking forward to him being healthy next year and contributing. I know there were rumors about Cupps over on BTB so I wasn’t sure what’s happening there.

Don’t think Cupps is going anywhere. Not sure there would be a lot of high majors with interest.