4 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

IU showing interest

Dishon Jackson Charlotte Xfer 6'-11" 260 lbs

11.4 pts, 6.1 rebs, 72% FT, 57% FG, 13% 3pt, ORtg 117.6, DRtg 101.9

Dont shoot the messenger

We're going to need bench bigs too lol 

Edited by btownqb

20 hours ago, DC2345 said:

That's where the comparison ends. Blackmon isn't a PG and Walker is. Blackmon is also not as good of a defender and not nearly as strong physically. 

I don't think Walker has to be that at all, I think he can function inside an offense pretty easily. 

But if UK can make it work with Reeves, Dillingham, and Sheppard we can make it work with three guards. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I don't think Walker has to be that at all, I think he can function inside an offense pretty easily. 

But if UK can make it work with Reeves, Dillingham, and Sheppard we can make it work with three guards. 

Woody stands in the way of this becoming the normal at IU running consistent 3 guard lineups.

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Woody stands in the way of this becoming the normal at IU running consistent 3 guard lineups.

Well Dillingham and Sheppard didn't start, but ehhh.. yeah maybe. But we played XJ, JHS, and TG together quite a bit for only having for 8 games together. 

At the end of year 1 we were playing XJ, TG, Kopp,  and Stewart together. 🤞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

Honest question? When was the last time Indiana ran a 3 guard line up? Verdell, Hulls, Dipo?

Johnson, Blackmon and Yogi? 

No year after. Newkirk, Johnson, and Blackmon.

Newkirk, Johnson, Green started games together. Durham that same season. So 2017-18. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Get Ryan Conwell!! 

Also--  https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/danny-wolf-1.html

This kid? Yeah that would work at the 5! 

To me Conwell is the number 1 target if he hits the portal but with that being said does he go with the coach to SLU or does he go for high major like IU or Purdue? Wonder if he grew up an IU fan if so IU would probably be his dream school.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boiler Sam said:

I’m aware. Think it’s a dead end job and he could do better. 

There is so much talent in St. Louis that if he is a good recruiter and gets some of that rich Catholic money then he could have success. The stadium is nice where SLU plays but I think he would need upgrades to the facilities. 

6 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

To me Conwell is the number 1 target if he hits the portal but with that being said does he go with the coach to SLU or does he go for high major like IU or Purdue? Wonder if he grew up an IU fan if so IU would probably be his dream school.

I think this would instill a bit more confidence for me next season.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Difference being UK guards go 6’3, 6’3, 6’4, 6’6 with nba talent and athleticism. Quite different from a suspect 6’1 and 6’3…as I don’t think either measure to that size and neither would be able to switch 1-4. 

Now not saying I don’t prefer a 5 out offense or similar spacing but we definitely need to make sure the construction of the roster fits.

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

I honestly was shocked to hear SLU was a better job than ISU 

It’s a very nice private school. Pretty sure it has a very nice alumni base unlike a mostly commuter school like ISU. They also have like 10 nattys in soccer. A10 being a better conference with multiple bids id say its a definite step up.

4 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

Another reach out to Devo. 

Ughh..he was literally twice as bad this year as last year…and I didn’t want him last year. Does Woody’s staff just looks at measurables or do they even care if a kid is a winning player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Ughh..he was literally twice as bad this year as last year…and I didn’t want him last year. Does Woody’s staff just looks at measurables or do they even care if a kid is a winning player.

The staff just offered @5fouls. throwing a wide wide net. they have a need for 7 bodies.

• Haha 2

On 3/22/2024 at 9:37 AM, Purdue7 said:

I honestly was shocked to hear SLU was a better job than ISU 

Well, it’s hard to judge Terre Haute as a shithole when West Lafayette is your point of reference. 😏

St. Louis brings a little more to the table.

• Haha 4

now that we're up to 14 players in the portal tracker, i would be curious to hear more assessments/opinions about ranking them in order of how we should want them.  i think tiers too.  who would we take today if they said yes and who should we take a flyer on until we see who else enters?  i get caught up in rankings for sure.  

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

now that we're up to 14 players in the portal tracker, i would be curious to hear more assessments/opinions about ranking them in order of how we should want them.  i think tiers too.  who would we take today if they said yes and who should we take a flyer on until we see who else enters?  i get caught up in rankings for sure.  

I’d break it down even further to which two guards do we take?  What traits do they posses that we need?  Which two wings do we take?  Which two bigs?  I’m more interested in each one’s specific skills and traits than rankings. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I’d break it down even further to which two guards do we take?  What traits do they posses that we need?  Which two wings do we take?  Which two bigs?  I’m more interested in each one’s specific skills and traits than rankings. 

I think we take three bigs. One to replace Ware, one to replace Sparks, one to replace Walker. With that being said if there is a dude who can backup the 3 and the 4 I’m totally fine with it but we need someone who can score because Reneau hasn’t proven he can stay on the court and while Walker was serviceable we struggled scoring when him and Sparks were in together. Also, his position in Woody’s offense had lots of 3 point chances so we need to be selective and get someone who could should the 3 pointer well enough.

7 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

If it says G by their name and at least 39% from 3, they go to the top.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1