2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looked at his stats and it looks like he was very inconsistent. His shooting not great but did have games where he shot the 3 well.

we have plenty of inconsistency when it comes to shooting and defense.   dont need more

1 hour ago, John S said:

we have plenty of inconsistency when it comes to shooting and defense.   dont need more

He was a freshman that projects very well the next couple years. He’s definitely worth going after. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Throw that dude a BAG 

So he would replace Ware and we would be back to throw it in to the twin towers and stand around again. I’ll pass…I’d rather have zero bigs next year than watch that travesty all over again.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So he would replace Ware and we would be back to throw it in to the twin towers and stand around again. I’ll pass…I’d rather have zero bigs next year than watch that travesty all over again.

i hear ya.

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Dude averaged 15 and 9 shot 36% from 3 and 78% from the FT line. IU is going get add a couple bigs so they might as well get good ones 

Nope. can never sign another big again. We have MR, and that's it no back ups. TIC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Dude averaged 15 and 9 shot 36% from 3 and 78% from the FT line. IU is going get add a couple bigs so they might as well get good ones 

I’m being sarcastic but if the plan is to play him like we did last year…no I don’t want him. He is a Ware clone as his numbers are very similar. If Reneau is staying he should play the 5 and we get 4 shooters to play off him. We only need backup bigs and offering back up minutes not someone looking to start…I don’t want another year of twin towers and standing. If Reneau is gone then of course. Woody can’t help himself…if he has two bigs that could each start he will do it….its his style…and we will be back to where we were. I’m all for players like this but we have to construct a roster better than last year.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m being sarcastic but if the plan is to play him like we did last year…no I don’t want him. He is a Ware clone as his numbers are very similar. If Reneau is staying he should play the 5 and we get 4 shooters to play off him. We only need backup bigs and offering back up minutes not someone looking to start…I don’t want another year of twin towers and standing. If Reneau is gone then of course.

Reneau won't play the 5 so you can forget about that. It's just not happening nor would it be very successful

Edited by DC2345

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Ware or Reneau?

Reneau. That was a typo. Reneau is undersized, doesn't rebound well enough, isn't a rim protector and is in constant foul trouble. If he's the starting 5 then IU will most likely be worse than they were this year in the B1G.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’m being sarcastic but if the plan is to play him like we did last year…no I don’t want him. He is a Ware clone as his numbers are very similar. If Reneau is staying he should play the 5 and we get 4 shooters to play off him. We only need backup bigs and offering back up minutes not someone looking to start…I don’t want another year of twin towers and standing. If Reneau is gone then of course. Woody can’t help himself…if he has two bigs that could each start he will do it….its his style…and we will be back to where we were. I’m all for players like this but we have to construct a roster better than last year.

If IU had Caleb Love and Dalton Knecht would you care if Reneau and Ware played next to each other? The reality is it didn’t work because we didn’t have shooters so teams sagged in or double teamed like Nebraska. If this year we go out and get the guy from Stanford and keep Reneau but then go and get proven shooters I think it’s a much more successful offense.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

If IU had Caleb Love and Dalton Knecht would you care if Reneau and Ware played next to each other? The reality is it didn’t work because we didn’t have shooters so teams sagged in or double teamed like Nebraska. If this year we go out and get the guy from Stanford and keep Reneau but then go and get proven shooters I think it’s a much more successful offense.

Offense is only half the game. Running back Reneau at the 4 and Mbgako at the 3 severely lowers our ceiling at the defensive end.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

Offense is only half the game. Running back Reneau at the 4 and Mbgako at the 3 severely lowers our ceiling at the defensive end.

Defense doesn’t matter if you can’t score. Especially modern day game. Look at Virginia their foundation is built on defense not offense and it just doesn’t work anymore. I get what you’re saying but reality is Reneau isn’t going anywhere and if MM comes back he’s starting too. So we might as well get guards that can score. If we lose Reneau and MM we are in trouble regardless of their issues. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

I’ve deciphered that there is something wrong with every possible player so we may as well cancel the entire program. 

Too late. That occurred in 2000. And just to be sure, they drove a stake through its heart in 2008. You've been watching a hologram ever since. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

it is quite the conundrum.  Reneau is better suited offensively as the 5 but defensively as the 4. and doesn't want to play the 5.   Mtaco is better suited as a 4, but doesn't want to play there.  is Galloway really a 2?  or a 1?  ugh.  here we go again.  still think Taco isn't back though.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it is quite the conundrum.  Reneau is better suited offensively as the 5 but defensively as the 4. and doesn't want to play the 5.   Mtaco is better suited as a 4, but doesn't want to play there.  is Galloway really a 2?  or a 1?  ugh.  here we go again.  still think Taco isn't back though.  

To me there are ways to handle all of that offensively but not with Woodson's stone age offense. 

• Like 1