2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

11 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I think he’d be a good bench guard. Good speed and strength 

I think he's better than bench guard.. 

17p 4a 3r and shot 39% from 3 in conference play last year.. gets to the lot. Shot over 5FTs per game in conference.. hitting 82%. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

17p 4a 3r and shot 39% from 3 in conference play last year.. gets to the lot. Shot over 5FTs per game in conference.. hitting 82%. 

Agree…. That “good bench guard, but not good enough for IU” evaluation, sounds similar to how IU felt about Braden Smith. He never got an IU offer. Pretty sad. I wanted him at IU when he was at Westfield. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It all depends on what level of a team within the B1G you're trying to put together. He could possibly be a starter with the right pieces around him but it just depends imo

Just now, DC2345 said:

It all depends on what level of a team within the B1G you're trying to put together. He could possibly be a starter with the right pieces around him but it just depends imo

Kid can play, he pushes tempo, he's a 3 level scorer. 

He's also a year older, spent a year at prep school, which I assume because he was still growing, body developing. 

I also wouldn't see how Walker and Cupps could co-exist on the same bench. 

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Kid can play, he pushes tempo, he's a 3 level scorer. 

He's also a year older, spent a year at prep school, which I assume because he was still growing, body developing. 

I also wouldn't see how Walker and Cupps could co-exist on the same bench. 

Good point on Cupps.  In 716 minutes, he had 41 assists, 82 points, and 8 free throws.  I would redshirt him and not throw him to the wolves again.  If you bring in another pg and he gets hurt like XJ did, you can’t put yourself in a position to rely on Cupps for heavy minutes.  I like his potential but it would not be realistic for him to go from that many empty minutes to suddenly becoming a high level pg.  We saw with guys like Gunn what happens when you rely on the unproven. I would focus on developing him and weaning him into a role.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

21 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Good point on Cupps.  In 716 minutes, he had 41 assists, 82 points, and 8 free throws.  I would redshirt him and not throw him to the wolves again.  If you bring in another pg and he gets hurt like XJ did, you can’t put yourself in a position to rely on Cupps for heavy minutes.  I like his potential but it would not be realistic for him to go from that many empty minutes to suddenly becoming a high level pg.  We saw with guys like Gunn what happens when you rely on the unproven. I would focus on developing him and weaning him into a role.  

I'm not--- lets just say-- impressed with Cupps. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

The problem is he is a high volume guy just like Blackmon from Stetson. To me you want to only bring in one high volume guy but he better be of the skill set of Caleb Love. Walker only had two games against high majors and one was Purdue where his shot struggled and he only had 12 points on 13 shots. Other game he had 20 pts but on 21 shots where he was 5-21 from the floor.

Just now, btownqb said:

You'd turn one down!?! 

Honestly yes. There isn’t enough shots for them to be a combined 10-30 or 10-35 and also terrible on defense. Especially if MM and Reneau come back. You can’t have 3-4 starters who can’t play defense. Knowing Woodson he doesn’t want that either.

1 minute ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Honestly yes. There isn’t enough shots for them to be a combined 10-30 or 10-35 and also terrible on defense. Especially if MM and Reneau come back. You can’t have 3-4 starters who can’t play defense. Knowing Woodson he doesn’t want that either.

We'd be immensely better if we added the three kids I mentioned. No I don't find it likely, but I wouldn't turn one down. 

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

How are they not? Both high volume shooters?

That's where the comparison ends. Blackmon isn't a PG and Walker is. Blackmon is also not as good of a defender and not nearly as strong physically. 

• Like 2