2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

Connor Hickman, 6'3 G from Bradley is entering the portal per Rabjohns. All MVC last season as a junior.

He is from Bloomington and was on Bloomington South's 26-0 team.

Averaged 14.5 points, 2.9 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 1.2 steals per game. Shot 40.3% from 3 on 2.4 makes per game.

Seems like he should be one we can definitely land you would assume..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I'd think we can at least make a pitch and have a shot.

Top level NIL and a massive need at Guard. I realize it's extremely unlikely as everyone will want him, but..

4 minutes ago, KDB said:

Connor Hickman, 6'3 G from Bradley is entering the portal per Rabjohns. All MVC last season as a junior.

He is from Bloomington and was on Bloomington South's 26-0 team.

Averaged 14.5 points, 2.9 assists, 3.4 rebounds, 1.2 steals per game. Shot 40.3% from 3 on 2.4 makes per game.

Seems like he should be one we can definitely land you would assume..

BOOOM!!!!! GET HIM!!!!

Listen... this kid was NOT a dead-eye shooter in HS, an adequate shooter, but he has really worked on that part of his game. VERYYYY sneaky athletic. Actually, it's not even sneaky. He's very athletic. VERY Smart. 

He's TG athletically, but a better shooter, not as good of a creator as TG. 

Kid can really play, though. He sat out his SR year of HS with a torn labrum, Bloom South might have another state title if he plays his SR year. Then obviously his JR year was cut short from Covid. He was a year behind Leal. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I hope it's a hint that Rabjohns was one of the first on the CH transfer. 

I don't see why we wouldn't go after him.. He had to grow up a Hoosier fan you'd imagine?

1 minute ago, KDB said:

I don't see why we wouldn't go after him.. He had to grow up a Hoosier fan you'd imagine?

I can't imagine him not being an IU fan. 

I am also pretty sure he was an Indiana Elite kid. FWIW-- I would also assume Cinci is in play here. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Anyone else hearing this? 

C95426AB-89DC-40C9-9ADE-13000181873A.png

Interesting, he had narrowed his choices to MI ST, Kansas and G League Ignite. With Ignite folding, it appears IU may have stepped into that spot. Word is Izzo has been recruiting him for a long time and MSU has been the favorite if he plays college ball. 

9 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

would think this should go in the 2024 recruits thread, but i like the sound of it!  Tucker sounds great!  who is the other one?

Sorry, there’s so many threads I didn’t know where to put it haha. Idk about the other guy but obviously Tucker would be a great add.

30 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I can't imagine him not being an IU fan. 

I am also pretty sure he was an Indiana Elite kid. FWIW-- I would also assume Cinci is in play here. 

I don't think Hickman will end up at IU 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why? 

Multiple reasons but not because of a lack of IU interest. I'm not sure IU will pay him what he wants and I'm not sure he likes Woodson's offense. Trilly has heard similar stuff too so we will see. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Multiple reasons but not because of a lack of IU interest. I'm not sure IU will pay him what he wants and I'm not sure he likes Woodson's offense. Trilly has heard similar stuff too so we will see. 

Oh he's never played in an offense this slow, I can promise you that. 

• Haha 1