March Madness 2024

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

NC State in the S16....and just think if Tony Bennett's Virginia team didn't blow a 6 point lead with under a minute to play in the ACC tourney none of this would be happening.

Yeah those last 50 seconds were wild and horribly played by Virginia. 

:43 Ryan Dunn fouls a 3-point shooter, Morsell makes all 3, 58-55, UVa

:22 UVa misses 3-point shot with 10 seconds on shot clock

:08 State misses errant 3 attempt, UVa rebound, State foul

:05 UVa misses front end of 1-and-1 State gets up court, banks buzzer beater for OT

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Yeah those last 50 seconds were wild and horribly played by Virginia. 

:43 Ryan Dunn fouls a 3-point shooter, Morsell makes all 3, 58-55, UVa

:22 UVa misses 3-point shot with 10 seconds on shot clock

:08 State misses errant 3 attempt, UVa rebound, State foul

:05 UVa misses front end of 1-and-1 State gets up court, banks buzzer beater for OT

Wow...didn't know it was that bad. 

30 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

IMG_8569.gif

This GIF really is the perfect encapsulation of the Tom Crean era. It gets posted regularly by Purdue and Indiana fans alike for a laugh, and everyone's too focused on his goofy behavior to notice we're up nearly 20 on our rival well before halftime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

This GIF really is the perfect encapsulation of the Tom Crean era. It gets posted regularly by Purdue and Indiana fans alike for a laugh, and everyone's too focused on his goofy behavior to notice we're up nearly 20 on our rival well before halftime.

Crean was an ok coach. Not great, not terrible. Had his moments and had moments that are forgettable. That said, I think he’s found his calling as a TV analyst. It’s the role he’s best suited for. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you have any hopes our women can beat South Carolina, do not turn it to ESPN.  They are up 56-15 against UNC.  Still in 2nd quarter,  

The committee really hated us for some reason. Paired us with a top 25 team for our first game, the outright Big 12 champion for our second game, then South Carolina if we make it there. Just brutal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

I’m sorry I was too busy laughing at the gif?  Say what?

Crean, not known for his humor, even admits this was funny.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Utah St in early foul trouble, unfortunately because I was looking forward to how their two bigs pick and roll worked against Edy and company.🤷‍♂️

They’re making Eddy guard the perimeter, which is exactly what everyone should do. Edey is a very poor defender if you get him out of the paint.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWOHoosier said:

Good to see the tournament is just like the regular season- Purdue never fouls and always gets fouled. 

11-4 on the foul count... TKR just forearmed his guy to the ground and nothing called...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Why does everyone on Purdue have the same unfortunate chin beard? Is it contagious?

Not even joking the biggest Purdue fan I know has that same chin beard now. And yes he’s just as annoying and looks just as bad as the rest of them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 02Hoosier said:

Not even joking the biggest Purdue fan I know has that same chin beard now. And yes he’s just as annoying and looks just as bad as the rest of them

The biggest one I know has one too...

But she's a nice person

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, NWOHoosier said:

Good to see the tournament is just like the regular season- Purdue never fouls and always gets fouled. 

Private text string with 8 different Big 10 schools covered....and it's getting sick. Every single game. Called one way on one end. My hats off to Sprinkle because I would have been T'd up after the 3rd over the back no call. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1