March Madness 2024

image.png.c1653b97f9cd451287e0fa85f020b214.png

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

KenPom may know what it's doing.  Here are 13 of the Sweet 16.  For the record, San Diego St is 20, Clemson is 23, and N.C. State is the outlier at 52.

image.png.c1653b97f9cd451287e0fa85f020b214.png

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

Purdues Board of Trustees and the NCAA Selection committee are one and the same. Talking about a cherry picked bracket to try and get the skid marks a banner. 

Going to defend the Boilers a bit here.  According to KenPom, your observation is invalid.  Including the Boilers, all 4 of the remaining teams in Purdue's region are among the Top 12 in KenPom.  Take out Auburn, who lost, and that's 4 of the Top 11 remaining.  

No other region can make that claim.

I'm all for making fun of the Boilers, but claims such as the NCAA is handing them a championship belong on one of those third-rate tv conspiracy shows.  It could air right after the Elvis and JFK are alive and living together on an island episode.

If the Boilers win the whole thing, and I dont think they will, they will have deserved it just as much as Indiana did in '76, '81, and '87

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jojo123 said:

Purdues Board of Trustees and the NCAA Selection committee are one and the same. Talking about a cherry picked bracket to try and get the skid marks a banner. 

Just curious 

What is the biggest SCREW job the committee has ever done to IU?

I would rather play a new team but you don’t get to pick 

Purdue has proven to be better in the last two Novembers for what that’s worth….ZERO 

ZAGS are basically 7 deep 

No NBA players 

Have size to battle inside and an actual low post scorer and other bigs who can stretch you 

Nebraska waxed, MSU waxed, UW waxed, NW waxed.. 

Purdue, ILL haven't played anyone yet. 

Embarrassing enough our league only got 6 bids. And only 2 Top 4 seeds.... 

We can't even be a top 3 team in a historically awful B1G. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Nebraska waxed, MSU waxed, UW waxed, NW waxed.. 

Purdue, ILL haven't played anyone yet. 

Embarrassing enough our league only got 6 bids. And only 2 Top 4 seeds.... 

We can't even be a top 3 team in a historically awful B1G. 

The men's bracket is going better than the women's bracket for the Big Ten.

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The men's bracket is going better than the women's bracket for the Big Ten.

Minny, Maryland both lost their best players to injuries. 

I can't believe OSU laid an egg though. I thought they were F4 bound. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Bold strategy to blame the refs in a game you lost by 39. Not to mention one where Purdue scored 57 in the second half with Edey only scoring 2 of the 57. 

I might be wrong, but I believe that 'photo' was making the rounds in the first half.  So, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they did not know it was a 39 point loss at the time.  

I personally feel that most of the fouls called on USU were legit.  That said, this 'photo' is nothing to get worked up about.  You might be making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I might be wrong, but I believe that 'photo' was making the rounds in the first half.  So, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they did not know it was a 39 point loss at the time.  

I personally feel that most of the fouls called on USU were legit.  That said, this 'photo' is nothing to get worked up about.  You might be making it a bigger deal than it needs to be.

That’s fair. Just saw Washington hired their coach too! 

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I personally feel that most of the fouls called on USU were legit. 

I do too, and for that matter most of the fouls committed in Big 10 play by opposing teams were legit...

It's the ones that don't get called AGAINST Purdue, and particularly Edey, that get most people...Like me :) 

Addendum: Along with violations (traveling, 3 seconds)...

As far as the fouls go, if Purdue is "matching the physicality" of the other team, then the difference isn't going to be quite that wide...On average, Purdue committed 14 fouls per game...Their opponents 21 fouls per game...

In only ONE game this year (@Illinois) did Purdue have more fouls called on them then their opponents did...34-1...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Danny Sprinkle to Washington. I knew we could get an actual Montana St connection on here now. From Montana St to Washington inside of 2 years.

Amazing Crean doesn't get a call from a few of these places.

No sure the stink of UG is off him yet.  He isn't a bad coach.  Just didnt' do well there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Danny Sprinkle to Washington. I knew we could get an actual Montana St connection on here now. From Montana St to Washington inside of 2 years.

23 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

No sure the stink of UG is off him yet.  He isn't a bad coach.  Just didnt' do well there

Crean got destroyed by the transfer portal

At Georgia, Tom Crean is scaring away players faster than he can coach them. Following a 14-12 campaign and 10th place finish in the SEC in 2020-21, NINE of his players entered the transfer portal (one of them now controlling the Kentucky offense) and migrated to other programs this past offseason.

All told, Crean lost four of his five starters and his six leading scorers to the portal.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Hmmm.  This seems to imply my love of  Montana St. sports is not real. 

Here's all I have to say about that.

Go.........whatever the heck their mascot is!

I'm a true fan.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah...+231 in the foul discrepancy department is just a "statistical anomaly" right?  🙄

In Knight's heyday, that kind of discrepancy happened year after year in IU's favor.  It stands to reason the better teams with the better players will create more foul inducing situations than teams that lesser teams.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In Knight's heyday, that kind of discrepancy happened year after year in IU's favor.  It stands to reason the better teams with the better players will create more foul inducing situations than teams that lesser teams.  

Just skimming, IU did have some years where they were +100...But 1992-93 was the only one I see that came close to 231 (226)...

And that's not going into the 34 games out of 35 where the opponents (allegedly) fouled more than Purdue did...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Our fan base has no right to talk about fo discrepancy because we always use to get calls. We always made more free throws than the other team attempted. I watch the 93 home game vs UM and the fan five and UM had 4 guys foul out

• Like 2