March Madness 2024

31 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Just skimming, IU did have some years where they were +100...But 1992-93 was the only one I see that came close to 231 (226)...

And that's not going into the 34 games out of 35 where the opponents (allegedly) fouled more than Purdue did...

You have one of the best big men in the last several decades who draws fouls like crazy, and a team that is taught to not commit many fouls on defense to allow mid-range jumpers and protect the rim. It adds up to the FT differential you’ve seen this year.  Edey’s arms look like he got mauled by a wild animal the other day lol. 

Do people actually think there is some conspiracy behind the scenes that Purdue is getting some unfair officiating? 

36 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Our fan base has no right to talk about fo discrepancy because we always use to get calls. We always made more free throws than the other team attempted. I watch the 93 home game vs UM and the fan five and UM had 4 guys foul out

Would you rather we whine about how mean Peegs posters are, or lament 80s basketball? 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You have one of the best big men in the last several decades who draws fouls like crazy, and a team that is taught to not commit many fouls on defense to allow mid-range jumpers and protect the rim. It adds up to the FT differential you’ve seen this year.  Edey’s arms look like he got mauled by a wild animal the other day lol. 

Do people actually think there is some conspiracy behind the scenes that Purdue is getting some unfair officiating? 

Purdue will have trouble once/if they run into a team that can pressure the ball and make it more difficult to feed the post.  These last two teams were just cannon fodder.  I'm not sure they'll face a team like that.  Not sure UConn can even do that.  

11 minutes ago, Common Sense said:

Purdue will have trouble once/if they run into a team that can pressure the ball and make it more difficult to feed the post.  These last two teams were just cannon fodder.  I'm not sure they'll face a team like that.  Not sure UConn can even do that.  

UConn will have Final Four experience in their favor.  Whil UConn was celebrating the Championship last season, the Boilers were trying to figure out where FDU's campus is located and how close is it to St. Peter's.

14 minutes ago, Common Sense said:

That’s fair. Luckily they’ve already faced multiple teams with solid defenses like that (Tennessee, Arizona, Michigan State, etc) 

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

UConn will have Final Four experience in their favor.  Whil UConn was celebrating the Championship last season, the Boilers were trying to figure out where FDU's campus is located and how close is it to St. Peter's.

As long as we avoid teams from NJ, we should be alright. 

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Just skimming, IU did have some years where they were +100...But 1992-93 was the only one I see that came close to 231 (226)...

And that's not going into the 34 games out of 35 where the opponents (allegedly) fouled more than Purdue did...

The other teams coach basically said, “yeah, we fouled him every time.” 

Sorta like what Chrissie Collins said Northwestern was going to do to Edey the day before we played them. 

Don’t worry: the foul discrepancy will be over in a week or two. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

UConn is the best team. And they probably have the best coach. But in a 40 minute game, who knows… 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Would you rather we whine about how mean Peegs posters are, or lament 80s basketball? 

That is so much worse than reading you arguing with everybody trying to convince us that Archie and Woodson shouldn't be fired. 

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is so much worse than reading you arguing with everybody trying to convince us that Archie and Woodson shouldn't be fired. 

I have no problem defending what I believe...You should try it sometime instead of being a sheep...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

I have no problem defending what I believe...You should try it sometime instead of being a sheep...

Hoe am I a sheep because I back what I believe in. Nobody changed my mind on either coach it was their ineptness 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Why in gods name do they have 2 games going at the same time.  Why  not start 1 at 4, 6, 8, and 10 or better yet 12, 3, 6, 9

So stupid

It has always been this way for the sweet 16. You have trouble having these games in the afternoon because it would kill TV ratings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Having a tough time watching these games don’t know the Clemson coach but can’t stand any of the other 3! So I’m pulling for Clemson but just can’t bring myself to watch Arizona!

Clemson coach is from Evansville and a former high school teammate of Calbert Cheaney 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Having a tough time watching these games don’t know the Clemson coach but can’t stand any of the other 3! So I’m pulling for Clemson but just can’t bring myself to watch Arizona!

Brad Brownell (Clemson) is from Evansville. Coached at Wright St from 2006-10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

Zona just got completely out coached. Way to represent the Hoosier state and old DePauw coach Brownell

I have never been impressed with Arizona's coach, and he seems like a bit of a jacka$$. 

I get the stone in glass house as an IU fan, but that guy really has under performed in my opinion.

Very Calipari like. Yuck. 

• Like 2