March Madness 2024

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Wonder who Purdue’s opponent will be on Sunday

I didn’t see any team matching up well in their bracket. There were some other teams in the tournament that I thought could beat them but not in their bracket. They will be in the final four. Told everyone Gonzaga had no shot.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I didn’t see any team matching up well in their bracket. There were some other teams in the tournament that I thought could beat them but not in their bracket. They will be in the final four. Told everyone Gonzaga had no shot.

Gonzaga just needed to shoot well to have a chance, but PU is already on a different level 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Gonzaga just needed to shoot well to have a chance 

Well to obviously if someone has a hot game from 3…but Gonzaga doesn’t shoot the 3 well. I suppose if Creighton had a lights out game maybe but all things equal none in the bracket matched up well. 

4 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Purdue is going to win it all I'm afraid. They're just too strong inside and out.

Indiana should take notes on how to build a program. There is no reason why we can't be Purdue on steroids and be strong every year. 

UConn matches up well with them. Teams like UNC and Kentucky did as well. Not many do.

Your best hope is to make Edey beat you and lock down the shooters. Attack them at the rim and hit timely 3s….but you gotta attack them off the dribble. No one they’ve played yet have the players to give them issue. Sure say Alabama or some hot shooting 3 pt team could beat them but otherwise you need huge size to guard Edey 1-1 and athleticism to expose their guards.

5 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I think UConn can beat Purdue. 

Gotta get there. But tourney really rewarded UConn and Purdue. Put them super close to home all the way to the final four…and gave them teams in their bracket that they’ve either beat before or matched up well with. It was a good draw for both. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

NC STs magical March continues. Went into the ACC tournament losing 4 straight and 7 of 9. Keats was probably going to be fired. They’ve now won eight straight elimination games and Keats was given a two year extension 

And let's not forget the Tony Bennett/Virginia meltdown in final minute that has allowed this....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Purdue is going to win it all I'm afraid. They're just too strong inside and out.

Indiana should take notes on how to build a program. There is no reason why we can't be Purdue on steroids and be strong every year. 

Indiana can take notes but until you have a competent, hard working, enthusiastic, non-self centered proven coach you are wasting your time. Woodson couldn't carry Painter's jock strap. He is a zero on a scale of 1-10.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Amazing that the greatest Purdue run ever is 3-3 vs IU with Woodson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, jefftheref said:

Indiana can take notes but until you have a competent, hard working, enthusiastic, non-self centered proven coach you are wasting your time. Woodson couldn't carry Painter's jock strap. He is a zero on a scale of 1-10.

And yet the records under Woodson..

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

Are you really going to argue the state of the two programs?

Indiana hasn't sniffed an elite 8 in over 20 years.

It's a really good point actually. Before tonight Purdue has had one E8 in the last 20+ years. Now they have two. Dominant program for sure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Amazing that the greatest Purdue run ever is 3-3 vs IU with Woodson. 

The amazing part is getting a 1 seed with 2 freshman + Morton Jenkins Newman in the backcourt 

IU took 2 NBA players with a bunch of 5 year starters to…..a sweep of Purdue as CMW said an “elite season”

I honestly fear the day you get rid of CMW…..sleeping giant 🥱 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

The amazing part is getting a 1 seed with 2 freshman + Morton Jenkins Newman in the backcourt 

IU took 2 NBA players with a bunch of 5 year starters to…..a sweep of Purdue as CMW said an “elite season”

Cool.

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

WOW, just WOW...

BLUE.. CAn I use 4 letter words for ONE response? Just ONE ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Sampson would have likely awaken the sleeping giant or if the timing for Pearl/Donavan was better 

• Like 1