Oumar Ballo, Commits to INDIANA

Just now, IUALUM03 said:

Sorry @btownqb, I'm one of those fans that have followed the team around the country and spent my money supporting them, but got called not a true fan, because I criticized a beyond sub-par product on the court this past year.  Not letting that go anytime soon. 

That's fine. I travel around the country to watch them too. 

No coach gets any credit for landing ANY portals from now on, which I'm fine with. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Only Indiana fans care about that stuff, even now, after it's allowed. WILD

I don't care about the money part.  I'm still over Woody.  If you look back at my posts since 247 days, I have always been calling for the program to modernize and play in the gray. I'm just not going to give Woody credit for recruiting, when if we had Dusty or any other decent coach, we wouldn't be getting the same results as long as the money behind the scenes were there.  We still need a complete overhaul of our branding, marketing, apparel, uniforms, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, IUALUM03 said:

I don't care about the money part.  I'm still over Woody.  If you look back at my posts since 247 days, I have always been calling for the program to modernize and play in the gray. I'm just not going to give Woody credit for recruiting, when if we had Dusty or any other decent coach, we wouldn't be getting the same results as long as the money behind the scenes were there.  We still need a complete overhaul of our branding, marketing, apparel, uniforms, etc. 

Man.. you post how you want to post. I'd be a hypocrite if I complained about it because I get sick of people getting personal with me. 

Buuuuuuut--- I just don't think we should care(and respectfully even mention) why we get someone when we have watched program, after program torch us by cheating in the past. Literally doing the EXACT same thing we are now. I just don't care that we are, allegedly, paying him 1.2 million. I don't. Not an ounce of me cares about that. 

Anyways--- yes, I agree, branding, apparel, uniforms. I'd have gobs of new shit. Couldn't agree more. 

• Like 4

So if we get Carlyle then our starting 5 is set and have Galloway and Tucker as our top 7. That is a really good top 7 but it will get more difficult to bring in a wing who can really shoot and at least one more big guy.  Most of these recruits are in the portal for the money or a better opportunity for playing time. So what kind of players can we get that are good enough for IU but are willing to come off the bench.

• Like 1

Welcome Oumar and family.  Get ready to have the time of your life!

And then get ready to make the B1G refs your... er, friends.  (Hint:  Watch the last 2 years' PU tape to see what you can get away with...)

WELCOME TO IU   

Also congrats to the coaching staff.  Anyone who thinks this is only about $$ is mistaken.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

I get it and I'm fine with it.  It is nice to finally be able to do what everyone else has been doing, but I'm just not going to call this a win for Woody. Sorry, not going to do it.  This is about the school, the fans, and the money behind the school because of the fans.  Let's not pretend otherwise.  

Who do you think is going to be talking to donors/alumni and rallying support for a big investment? Usually that's the head coach's job. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fasbjd said:

For this one, I'm breaking out the new Phone-friendly version of the Scholly Grid.

Now...please some shooters!!!!

cP5Odgh.png
Indiana Hoosiers Scholarship Grid

2024 - 2025
(-4)
2025 - 2026
(-7)
2026 - 2027
(-8)
2027 - 2028
(-11)
Trey
Galloway
Open Open Open
Anthony
Leal
Open Open Open
Oumar
Ballo
Open Open Open
Malik
Reneau
Malik
Reneau
Open Open
Gabe
Cupps
Gabe
Cupps
Gabe
Cupps
Open
Mackenzie
Mgbako
Mackenzie
Mgbako
Mackenzie
Mgbako
Open
Myles
Rice
Myles
Rice
Myles
Rice
Open
Jakai
Newton
REdShrit2.png
Jakai
Newton
REdShrit2.png
Jakai
Newton
REdShrit2.png
Jakai
Newton
REdShrit2.png
Bryson
Tucker
Bryson
Tucker
Bryson
Tucker
Bryson
Tucker
Open Open Open Open
Open Open Open Open
Open Open Open Open
Open Open Open Open

cP5Odgh.png

Thos is awesome. Thank.you for sharing!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lizard said:

Also congrats to the coaching staff.  Anyone who thinks this is only about $$ is mistaken.  

He's got one big man starting for a playoff team and another projected as a first round pick.  Can't say that Woodson hasn't had a decent run with big men. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Man.. you post how you want to post. I'd be a hypocrite if I complained about it because I get sick of people getting personal with me. 

Buuuuuuut--- I just don't think we should care(and respectfully even mention) why we get someone when we have watched program, after program torch us by cheating in the past. Literally doing the EXACT same thing we are now. I just don't care that we are, allegedly, paying him 1.2 million. I don't. Not an ounce of me cares about that. 

Anyways--- yes, I agree, branding, apparel, uniforms. I'd have gobs of new shit. Couldn't agree more. 

There are a lot reasons this guy and others are coming to IU. Money is certainly part of it. But he was getting paid here or somewhere else. 

Ware and TJD say hello

we have a coach that has developed 2 big guys and will. it Bello in pick n roll. 

We have a passionate fan base. both good and bad.  17,000 plus for every home game. National TV schedule and basically every game on TV. 

The belief that money is the reason we are getting recruits is false. The money is was coming from other schools too. 

Give the coaching staff some props. we want to give them shit when things go bad. Give them credit when they do good

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

So if we get Carlyle then our starting 5 is set and have Galloway and Tucker as our top 7. That is a really good top 7 but it will get more difficult to bring in a wing who can really shoot and at least one more big guy.  Most of these recruits are in the portal for the money or a better opportunity for playing time. So what kind of players can we get that are good enough for IU but are willing to come off the bench.

If we get Carlye. Then a backup big and you can roll with Cupps Newton and Leal. Keep trying for a shooter but that will be a pretty good team. Should contend for the big ten title 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

There are a lot reasons this guy and others are coming to IU. Money is certainly part of it. But he was getting paid here or somewhere else. 

Ware and TJD say hello

we have a coach that has developed 2 big guys and will. it Bello in pick n roll. 

We have a passionate fan base. both good and bad.  17,000 plus for every home game. National TV schedule and basically every game on TV. 

The belief that money is the reason we are getting recruits is false. The money is was coming from other schools too. 

Give the coaching staff some props. we want to give them shit when things go bad. Give them credit when they do good

This all day. Sure $ is a key factor but TJD and Ware are factored in here as well. To suggest it's only $ would be by someone who is jealous, envious or dumb as f....and likely all 3.

• Like 3