Oumar Ballo, Commits to INDIANA

Just now, Zlinedavid said:

He's probably involved also, but if I'm giving money to a basketball program, I'd sure as hell want a basketball coach talking to me, not just an administrator.

You're posting before updating the scholarship grid again.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's probably involved also, but if I'm giving money to a basketball program, I'd sure as hell want a basketball coach talking to me, not just an administrator.

If you think the coach is leading the charge on fundraising behind the scenes, then I don't know what to tell you.  Yes, the coach is giving his time to shake hands, make appearances, etc., but the AD is the person that doing the real work.  It ain't Woody or any coach for that matter.  They just show up where and when they are told, although obviously there are probably some personal relationships there in some instances.  That has been well-established this past will-he-or-won't-he be our coach next year event a month or so ago. 

Edited by IUALUM03

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Setting up for a Woody, show us what you got.

Your last few words, which I deleted, added a lot of context.  What is shown above is what my mind processed the first time.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, IUALUM03 said:

If you think the coach is leading the charge on fundraising behind the scenes, then I don't know what to tell you.  Yes, the coach is giving his time to shake hands, make appearances, etc., but the AD is the person that doing the real work.  It ain't Woody or any coach for that matter.  They just show up where and when they are told, although obviously there are probably some personal relationships there in some instances.  That has been well-established this past will-he-or-won't-he be our coach next year event a month or so ago. 

I never said "leading the charge".  There is a level of involvement between "leading the charge" and "someone else does that". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Just to he way the game is played nowadays...

In the 70s, they used to call Steinbrenner's Yankees the best team money can buy...

Doesn't tarnish those 2 World Series trophies one bit...

No.  But it makes the A's 3 titles and the Reds 2 more impressive.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Lizard said:

This is impossible.  I have it on good authority that Dolson has been out of town on an Iron Maiden fan cruise.  Indykev, back me up on this.  😇

no chance!! had you not gone with Iron Maiden i had your back.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I edited my post for you.

It was mainly a jab at the 1 person vehemently denying Woody any kind of credit whatsoever. 

BIG time trouble maker i know right!!! not giving Woody credit. :coffee:🤣🤣🤣image.png

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

This rectified our defensive rebounding issues, imo. 

Malik, MM make reasonable gains in that area and I expect it to be a strength... Rice avged 3+ 

And our offensive rebounding. Hoping for a significant upgrade in extra possessions. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Since no one else has..... Nice get Woody!

(Realistically 1 person has credited Woody, and 1 person credited staff prior to post. Sorry for the confusion)

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

BIG time trouble maker i know right!!! not giving Woody credit. :coffee:🤣🤣🤣image.png

Yah, I'm aware. I edited my post for you... like I mentioned. Thanks for policing. :)