• 34 - Ohio St
  • 39 - Maryland
  • 41 - Oregon
  • 54 - Iowa
  • 65 - Illinois
  • 66 - Minnesota
  • 78 - Washington
  • 85 - Penn St

And filling all that out just confirms the Big Ten has entirely too many teams.

Teams will continue filling out their rosters over the weeks to come, so with a mostly set roster it's possible we could get jumped. Michigan adding Goldin today gave them a big boost. Also, I suppose the portal is still open for another day or so, and you might still see guys leave; Illinois lost another just today.

Don't we still have 2 open scholarship?  We could add some talent still i guess

21 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Michigan may be a dark horse. Dusty is pulling in some good transfers and it will be hard to root against him. I’ll definitely be interested to see some their games next season. 

Won't be hard for me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Won't be hard for me. 

I get it. I'll feel dirty. 

I just really like Dusty. Listen to his Hoosier Hysterics interview, it's hard not to like the man. I hope he does well at UM and when the time comes he'll have proven enough to be our next coach. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Don't we still have 2 open scholarship?  We could add some talent still i guess

Sure. Adding Hemenway bumps us up from 17 (as of this morning) to 15. He'd project for about 15 minutes a game, ahead of Goode in the rotation actually.

Adding Konstantynovskyi wouldn't move the needle.

14 is about as high as we get, even adding two of the top remaining transfers like Johnell Davis and Great Osobor. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Sure. Adding Hemenway bumps us up from 17 (as of this morning) to 15. He'd project for about 15 minutes a game, ahead of Goode in the rotation actually.

Adding Konstantynovskyi wouldn't move the needle.

14 is about as high as we get, even adding two of the top remaining transfers like Johnell Davis and Great Osobor. 

So we signed someone else?  Hemenway?  I don't know anything about this kid.  Any more info

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

So we signed someone else?  Hemenway?  I don't know anything about this kid.  Any more info

Not signed. Recruiting. Transfer from Clemson, played HS ball in Indiana. 40% type 3% shooter with decent size.

There are a handful of posts about him in the recruiting/transfer forum. 

13 minutes ago, madmax said:

My somewhat realistic hope? Big Ten Champs, E8 or better.

My pessimistic guess? 5th in B1G, lose in second round as a 6 seed. Woody gets extended.

I feel both of these are very possible outcomes. It is definitely a pivotal season.

I am not sure how many more disappointing "pivotal" seasons this fan base can take.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't understand the hate on Reneau.

I'm reminded of what one coach said about Cazzie Russell and his defense when he played at Michigan (led them to a championship game against UCLA)   " He keeps both teams in the game"

Edited by MSHoosier
didn't complete the quote
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not hate at all! I hope Malik has his best year yet! But imagine if someone good enough to put Malik on the bench was on the team!

Everyone is talking about bench players, I want starters!😎

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Not hate at all! I hope Malik has his best year yet! But imagine if someone good enough to put Malik on the bench was on the team!

Everyone is talking about bench players, I want starters!😎

Our starting 5 is already set. No starting caliber player will come here with this roster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Our starting 5 is already set. No starting caliber player will come here with this roster.

Ask around, I’ll bet you get a wide range of opinions about the starting 5! Besides, who’s to say someone testing the NBA looks around and says I like what IU’s got going! One can dream!😴 

37 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If a transfer was good enough, then they wouldn't worry about who we currently think are the starters.

But yea, highly unlikely we supplant a starter with someone else.

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

But imagine if someone good enough to put Malik on the bench was on the team!

That's kind of a tall order...

He'd have to average 15 ppg on 56% shooting overall and 33% from 3...and be named Honorable Mention All Conference at a P6 school...

I'll agree Malik's got a lot of room for improvement, particularly in rebounding and defense, but he has pretty good handles, and is underrated as a passer in my book. He worked to get his body good last year...this year I'd imagine he'll be on the same regimen Woody had Trayce on his last 2 years...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Agree. Then I mentioned, "I don't care if Cupps transfers on BTBers" (with the context of Hemenway committing) and it was like I told them to learn Spanish.  

Some guys catch flak, some get passes. Idc that Cupps was a FR, he wasn't good, at all. Malik is a stud and needs more coaching and skill development. 

Malik SO eFG%- .579

TJD SR eFG%- .581 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree. Then I mentioned, "I don't care if Cupps transfers on BTBers" (with the context of Hemenway committing) and it was like I told them to learn Spanish.  

Some guys catch flak, some get passes. Idc that Cupps was a FR, he wasn't good, at all. Malik is a stud and needs more coaching and skill development. 

Malik SO eFG%- .579

TJD SR eFG%- .581 

I saw that over there. Those guys are EDIT over there. I lurk once in awhile but won't really post things over there. They are still keeping up their fire Woodson thread and had like me 4 pages yesterday 

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I saw that over there. Those guys are (edited by blue) over there. I lurk once in awhile but won't really post things over there. They are still keeping up their fire Woodson thread and had like me 4 pages yesterday 

Let's not resort to name calling. Different boards, different "culture". 

Everybody can pick where they feel they fit, or participate at both.

No reason for attacks.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

If a transfer was good enough, then they wouldn't worry about who we currently think are the starters.

But yea, highly unlikely we supplant a starter with someone else.

no offense, but this is the on of the silliest things I see.

10 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

no offense, but this is the on of the silliest things I see.

how so?

I never commented on the likelihood of it happening but was explaining what the other poster was getting at since scott had missed the point.

There is nothing earth shattering about the point and it isn't wrong by any stretch.   If someone was better than our starters, then our starters wouldn't scare them away from committing. 

Here's an example.

Lets say Sparks was still on the team and he was penciled in as starter because he was the only center on the team.  Do you really think Ballo would say "well, they can't offer me playing time so I'm going elsewhere"?

And no, I don't think we'll be pulling in another transfer that will be a starter level player this coming year (barring injuries).

Edited by iuswingman

9 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

how so?

I never commented on the likelihood of it happening but was explaining what the other poster was getting at since scott had missed the point.

There is nothing earth shattering about the point and it isn't wrong by any stretch.   If someone was better than our starters, then our starters wouldn't scare them away from committing. 

Here's an example.

Lets say Sparks was still on the team and he was penciled in as starter because he was the only center on the team.  Do you really think Ballo would say "well, they can't offer me playing time so I'm going elsewhere"?

And no, I don't think we'll be pulling in another transfer that will be a starter level player this coming year (barring injuries).

You're comparisons are off. In that scenario yes. In our actual scenario no. With the amount of talent that IU has stack up on the squad, there is not a single player that would say..... you know what. I am going to go there start, play 35 minutes a game, and have a 35% usage rate.

Of course, if we had a team stocked with Tim Prillers a team full of Sparks could come in and start.

27 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

You're comparisons are off. In that scenario yes. In our actual scenario no. With the amount of talent that IU has stack up on the squad, there is not a single player that would say..... you know what. I am going to go there start, play 35 minutes a game, and have a 35% usage rate.

Of course, if we had a team stocked with Tim Prillers a team full of Sparks could come in and start.

My comparison isn't off.  You're just desperate to miss the point.

And IU isn't the national all-star team that there is no possible transfer that could beat out one of our starters. 

As I said, it is unlikely that we get another transfer that would supplant a starter this coming season but it's not the impossibility that you make it out to be and doesn't negate the point that great players would not be scared off by competition for playing time.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill in order to have a pointless debate.

Edited by iuswingman

I'm desperate. You're delusional.

Name 5 kids that would look at IU's roster and say.... That they would walk in start, play 35 minutes, and a high usage rate. 

Because these kids you're talking about that "if they are that good" they dont just want to start, they want to play that much and shoot 17+ times a game. 

You were comparing Ballo to replacing Sparks after stating that someone would walk in and replace Ballo (not specifically). The talent level is indeed-y-o off...