Next Season Expectations

My expectations and wants are kinda cross contaminating at this point, but this coach will be in season 4, and it is what it is. 
I expect/ want 1-3 in the conference, at least final 4 of B1G tournament, and Sweet 16. I also expect not to have multiple double-figure losses, and also to steal a few on the road in places we usually don’t win. Kohl Center would be top of the list, if we play there. Assimilating the Pac12 teams in to the conference will be a wild card, but I hope we make a good showing vs new competition, or risk sliding further into obscurity. 
Expectation would be that 10+ losses would mean a new coaching staff as well, but until we start playing and winning ( or losing) games, I will lay off of them now because we are all in on next season.

Edited by Rev_AK
Typo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

You can't have the B1G FOY, Pac 12 FOY and a 2 time all Pac 12 player and not be a top 20 team, top three in B1G and at least a Sweet 16. Anything less would be a failure. They will easily be one of the three most talented teams in the B1G.

Not to mention 2 other “5 star” players - Reneau and Tucker.

• Like 2

To me the only expectation is exactly what Woodson said from day one. Win Big Ten titles and compete for Natty.

God only knows we're backing up the Brinks trucks for these guys and Woodson. Think it's time they earn it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

This might not be an expectation, but more of a strong desire:

I would love SSAH to be an intimidating venue for opposing teams again. No more getting punked on our own floor.

That's kind of a function of what's on the floor though.  Put an exciting, competitive team on the floor and AH will pop eardrums. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

That's kind of a function of what's on the floor though.  Put an exciting, competitive team on the floor and AH will pop eardrums. 

Yeah, this wasn't at all a drag on the fans, which are (for the most part) consistently great. It's definitely on the team to hold court and make other teams fear playing here. No more Harper-esque antics.

• Like 2

We won't know what they have until the games start. On paper (I know) they are starting to look solid.

As of today, we don't know it they can guard anyone. We don't know if anyone can consistently shoot from the perimeter. We don't know if Malik is capable of defending without fouling. We don't know if anyone other than OB wil attempt to rebound the ball. We think they found a point guard, and we think they have a physical presence inside. Too many questions today.

The plan should be get the talent first. That's a work in progress but so far it's looking good. Then see if the coaches have a clue on how to use the talent. CMW gets credit for taking steps to rebuild. But if they don't defend next season and still can't shoot, he's got to go. Spending too much to get poor results. Season four is make or break.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm screenshotting this in anticipation of its frequent quoting and reuse come next January. 🤣

There are probably some Blue and White 40-0 t-shirts around that can be purchased cheaply.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ForHumanity said:

I don't think there will be a season next year. Big events coming that will change our lives.

🥱

Spare me the apocalypticism until the 3rd horsemen arrives. 

And yes, the guy best known for “that’s what she said” jokes just busted out “apocalypticism”. 

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If the Rapture happens and prevents me from seeing our F4 run next year, I’ma gonna be pissed!! 

Given what I know of players past and present, and the degenerates on this board, if the rapture happened I don't think the college basketball world would notice. 😄

• Haha 4