2019 MLB Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, rico said:

The hot rumor is that the Cubs are looking for catching depth.  Right now a deal is in the works to send Tucker Barnhart to the Cubs in exchange for Kyle Schwarber and cash considerations.

Not doubting you at all but where was this said? Hadn't heard that one.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rico said:

Seriously, I did see where the Cubs were inquiring about the Orioles Jonathan Villar.

My understanding is when Cubs got confirmation that Zobrist was coming back they moved on from Sogard and focused efforts on Villar. True veteran, lefty bat..and can play all infield positions besides 1B...fits what Cubs have been looking for. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My understanding is when Cubs got confirmation that Zobrist was coming back they moved on from Sogard and focused efforts on Villar. True veteran, lefty bat..and can play all infield positions besides 1B...fits what Cubs have been looking for. 

I was thinking he was a switch hitter?  Regardless, he has wheels and some pop.

Wow. Tribe trades Bauer for Puig, Reyes and Logan Allen (from the Padres), and the Padres get Taylor Trammell from the Reds.

Tribe got some instant pop in their lineup, and I think Tito will be a good manager for Puig.

I think Bauer was such a pain in the ass the Indians were going to get rid of him no matter what. They certainly got a nice return...Now, can they afford getting rid of a pitcher like that?

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Wow. Tribe trades Bauer for Puig, Reyes and Logan Allen (from the Padres), and the Padres get Taylor Trammell from the Reds.

Tribe got some instant pop in their lineup, and I think Tito will be a good manager for Puig.

I think Bauer was such a pain in the ass the Indians were going to get rid of him no matter what. They certainly got a nice return...Now, can they afford getting rid of a pitcher like that?

I think I mentioned a few pages back but a team like Indians is perfect for Puig. Veteran manager.  

Can't say much on Cubs. Darvish pitched well again and another loss for him and us. 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

As a Reds fan, I'm not happy with the trade.  Puig and Bauer both have short fuses.  The difference is that Puig seems to be a genuinely nice guy, good in the clubhouse and the community.  Bauer, on the other hand, comes across as a jerk.

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think I mentioned a few pages back but a team like Indians is perfect for Puig. Veteran manager.  

Can't say much on Cubs. Darvish pitched well again and another loss for him and us. 

Cubs are 8-21 in their last 29 road games, and 0-8-1 in road series since the end of May.

"They are good, but we are better." Carlos Martinez.

If I was Maddon, I'd make sure everyone on the team saw that quote.

Archived