2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay's trade Marcus Stroman to the Mets for 2 pitching prospects (#4 and #6 prospects in their organization)?

Stroman is eligible for arbitration next year and FA in 2021.

Weird trade, but I'd say that ensures Syndergaard is being traded.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

You guys should find the Trevor Bauer incident today. Basically gave up runs and from the mound threw the ball over the CF wall. Haha....guess all bullpen guys are little edgy.

I watched it. Tito had the correct response too..."WTF was that!?!? I'll talk to you later."

Bauer has always been a little bit of a headcase

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Jay's trade Marcus Stroman to the Mets for 2 pitching prospects (#4 and #6 prospects in their organization)?

Sorry just noticed this. What in the world are Mets doing? Trade top prospects for a guy who probably won't be around in 2 seasons?? It's not like they have a chance at playoffs either. 

15 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Twins win and Tribe loses, so lead now 2 games. Not a level of comfort, for sure.

At least it’s good to be relevant for a change.

And Domingo German picked up his 13th win as he fans 9 and the Yanks win 9-6. He has been the one bright star in the pitching rotation so far this year. Lead over the Sawks is now 9 games.

Series resumes next week-end at Yankee Stadium.

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Once again the Yanks almost got screwed. There was speculation the Yanks and Jays talked and the Jays wanted too much. They also wanted Gleyber Torres. Seems when the Yanks come calling, other teams want everything. But every other team, they are O.K. getting scrubs

21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry just noticed this. What in the world are Mets doing? Trade top prospects for a guy who probably won't be around in 2 seasons?? It's not like they have a chance at playoffs either. 

I don't know. Their GM, Brodie Van Wagenen seems like a real piece of work. I remember a recent article talking about him making in game decisions, and I guess with Callaway's desire to keep the job he complied.

I'd have liked to seen him do that to Billy Martin...he'd have gotten a fat lip for his trouble.

2 hours ago, rico said:

The Brewers acquire Jordan Lyles from the Pirates...Lyles was supposed to start tonight against the Reds.

Just noticed on the ESPN crawler...

0-3 15.00 ERA in his last 4 starts...

Sure, Brew Crew...run him out there...

2 hours ago, rico said:

The Brewers acquire Jordan Lyles from the Pirates...Lyles was supposed to start tonight against the Reds.

Which means they will put some guy out there who got promoted today from Triple AAA and the Reds never hit well in those situations.  6 innings, 4 hits, 1 run.  Mark it down.  I hope we can hit the bullpen.

Just now, 5fouls said:

Which means they will put some guy out there who got promoted today from Triple AAA and the Reds never hit well in those situations.  6 innings, 4 hits, 1 run.  Mark it down.  I hope we can hit the bullpen.

Alex McRae...14 IP, 14 ERs

28 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Tonight begins the big push...Darvish vs Wainwright. 

Time for Yu to start earning that big contract.

Not hearing much on the trade deadline front re the Cubs. Standing pat?

Theo has had a few of the media guys he uses throw out the asking price has been unusually high this year. My guess is he did that last Friday to try and bring some prices down today/tomorrow. I still think Castellanos deal is close and I think Jeff Wilson from Giants is still in play. Hopefully we do something.

Regarding series. Should be a fun one. Cubs needed that win and off day yesterday in the worst way. Headed to STL all tied up.

44 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Theo has had a few of the media guys he uses throw out the asking price has been unusually high this year. My guess is he did that last Friday to try and bring some prices down today/tomorrow. I still think Castellanos deal is close and I think Jeff Wilson from Giants is still in play. Hopefully we do something.

Regarding series. Should be a fun one. Cubs needed that win and off day yesterday in the worst way. Headed to STL all tied up.

Not sure if Catellanos is a big priority right now. He's a minus defender, and bringing Happ up and the impending return of Zobrist I think makes it less likely unless we can get him on the ultra cheap.

Bullpen resources are going fast. Maybe it's just a matter of getting Strop and CEJ straightened out for righties, but I would like to see a lefty are added.

Just now, IUFLA said:

Not sure if Catellanos is a big priority right now. He's a minus defender, and bringing Happ up and the impending return of Zobrist I think makes it less likely unless we can get him on the ultra cheap.

Bullpen resources are going fast. Maybe it's just a matter of getting Strop and CEJ straightened out for eighties, but I would like to see a lefty are added.

Or maybe does the ultimate head game move and stands pat. Reinforces to the guys what he told them in the off season. This team has enough parts....they just need to go do it. If that scenario plays out I imagine though more heat would be brought his way instead of Joe. 

Fun couple of days ahead. 

Archived