2019 MLB Discussion

rico

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Cubs are 8-21 in their last 29 road games, and 0-8-1 in road series since the end of May.

"They are good, but we are better." Carlos Martinez.

If I was Maddon, I'd make sure everyone on the team saw that quote.

Love the confidence actually....even if it's against our Cubs. Wish we had that edge back. Half our guys treat every day like it's just another day. 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty interesting numbers.

Yu Darvish has been given the lead nine times in his last 10 starts. He has lost that lead eight times. The lead he had Tuesday night (1-0) lasted less than four batters.
Quote Tweet

E-KONRRg_normal.jpg
Jesse Rogers

@ESPNChiCubs
· 7h
The Cubs are the only team in baseball to hold a lead in all their games since the all-star break but they're just 9-7 in those contests, including a 2-1 loss to St. Louis on Tuesday. Up 1-0 in the fourth inning, the Cardinals quickly tied it before... (link: http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41071387-4) espn.com/espn/now?nowId…

40 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Love the confidence actually....even if it's against our Cubs. Wish we had that edge back. Half our guys treat every day like it's just another day. 

Which is why I would make sure they saw it. Then maybe they wouldn't treat it like another day.

I know it's kinda high schoolish to use bulletin board material, but if I'm Maddon, I'm looking for any kind of motivation I can get.

Just now, IUFLA said:

Which is why I would make sure they saw it. Then maybe they wouldn't treat it like another day.

I know it's kinda high schoolish to use bulletin board material, but if I'm Maddon, I'm looking for any kind of motivation I can get.

Watching Joe after the game last night you can tell this group is wearing on him. Not sure if that's a fair word to even use but no fight at all from players.

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Wow. Tribe trades Bauer for Puig, Reyes and Logan Allen (from the Padres), and the Padres get Taylor Trammell from the Reds.

Tribe got some instant pop in their lineup, and I think Tito will be a good manager for Puig.

I think Bauer was such a pain in the ass the Indians were going to get rid of him no matter what. They certainly got a nice return...Now, can they afford getting rid of a pitcher like that?

I for one am going to miss seeing Puig in a Reds uniform. I could not stand him as a Dodger but that's one dude I would like playing for my team. 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I for one am going to miss seeing Puig in a Reds uniform. I could not stand him as a Dodger but that's one dude I would like playing for my team. 

Same here. Really like him. Cubs might have chance of beating the Reds now.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

As a Reds fan, I'm not happy with the trade.  Puig and Bauer both have short fuses.  The difference is that Puig seems to be a genuinely nice guy, good in the clubhouse and the community.  Bauer, on the other hand, comes across as a jerk.

I am not happy about it myself.  Actually it kind of pisses me off.  Aside from Puig the Reds also give up their #1 prospect.  

32 minutes ago, rico said:

I am not happy about it myself.  Actually it kind of pisses me off.  Aside from Puig the Reds also give up their #1 prospect.  

You will know better than I on this,  is this a trade for this year, ir the future or is Bauer just a piece to move later? This move does not make sense to me.

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

You will know better than I on this,  is this a trade for this year, ir the future or is Bauer just a piece to move later? This move does not make sense to me.

Piece to move is my guess but the Reds fans would know better than I. Plus Bauer's last pitch over the CF wall didn't help matters in Cleveland.

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I dont follow closely enough to know if this was a good trade for Cincy.  To me it seems pretty 1 sided.

Bauer is considered to be a TOR guy.  The thing is that in a short time Puig has became a fan favorite and most were hoping and praying that the Reds would lock him up to a deal.  It remains to be seen how the trade will turn out but it does give Cincy a very formidable rotation right now...but me thinks the Reds ain't done yet.

17 minutes ago, rico said:

Bauer is considered to be a TOR guy.  The thing is that in a short time Puig has became a fan favorite and most were hoping and praying that the Reds would lock him up to a deal.  It remains to be seen how the trade will turn out but it does give Cincy a very formidable rotation right now...but me thinks the Reds ain't done yet.

Makes sense and I hope that they are making moves to make some sort of run at the wild card this year and hopefully challenge for the division next

22 minutes ago, rico said:

I really like Puig's hustle but his production has started to go down again and it looked like he was lost at the plate the last week

23 minutes ago, rico said:

Another thing...what are the Padres thinking?

From what I've read, they essentially flipped a pitcher who didn't fit into their long term plans (their system is supposedly rife with good arms) and a guy with power but a defensive liability, for a top 30 4 tool (questions about his arm) 21 year old outfielder.

4 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

From what I've read, they essentially flipped a pitcher who didn't fit into their long term plans (their system is supposedly rife with good arms) and a guy with power but a defensive liability, for a top 30 4 tool (questions about his arm) 21 year old outfielder.

Right now Trammell has not hit for power this year and from what I heard that his outfield arm is a little weak.

3 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Meanwhile Cashman is still sitting on his duff with time running out as the deadline approaches. Pitching, Yanks need pitching...….

The Reds have a couple you guys might be interested in.

Archived