Coronavirus

Reacher

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I have a niece that when she got her doctors degree, she was recruited by a rural hospital in southern Ill. They told her if she would agree to work there for 3 years, they would pay half of her tuition! Needless to say, that is what she did. Now, years later, she is back home working at Evansvilles' largest hospitals.....

God bless your niece. 

6 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I have a niece that when she got her doctors degree, she was recruited by a rural hospital in southern Ill. They told her if she would agree to work there for 3 years, they would pay half of her tuition! Needless to say, that is what she did. Now, years later, she is back home working at Evansvilles' largest hospitals.....

My grandmother was a nurse at a small rural hospital in Illinois.  Breese Il. to be exact.  Its where she met Red Schoendienst who would visit his father there.  She always told me Red was her favorite baseball player, not because she cared about baseball, but because of how kindly he treated everyone he met.

• Like 3

It's graduation day at the Air Force Academy.  The Air Force Thunderbirds will be doing their traditional flyover.  With a new twist this year.  As a tribute to first responders, the Thunderbirds will be flying up and down the front range, after the ceremony.  I have checked their fly schedule. And they will be flying over the mile casa.  Can't wait. Not sure if I will be able to see them as they will be flying 400 mph.  But just to hear them will be a thrill.

• Like 2

From my things I don't understand file.  Why ? Why are farmers plowing down their crops ? If they are not making money.  Why not just give their crops to local food banks ?

California farmer plows under lettuce after coronavirus shutters restaurant market - Reuters

When farmers plow under crops, the tragedy of COVID-19 becomes all the more vivid - Chicago Sun-Times

29 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

From my things I don't understand file.  Why ? Why are farmers plowing down their crops ? If they are not making money.  Why not just give their crops to local food banks ?

California farmer plows under lettuce after coronavirus shutters restaurant market - Reuters

When farmers plow under crops, the tragedy of COVID-19 becomes all the more vivid - Chicago Sun-Times

Uh, you DO realize that food is not produced in the back room of the grocery store, right? 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

It would be more expensive to harvest and distribute all the crop and receive no payment.

But you have this story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wset.com/amp/news/coronavirus/farm-in-idaho-gives-away-potatoes-for-free-so-they-wouldnt-go-to-waste

I got 5lbs of free potatoes at work the other day because we cant load wal mart trucks that aren't empty. So throw it away or give it away. So the shippers parked the pallets in the cooler and we all got some free potatoes. 

Edited by mrflynn03

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

It would be more expensive to harvest and distribute all the crop and receive no payment.

But you have this story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wset.com/amp/news/coronavirus/farm-in-idaho-gives-away-potatoes-for-free-so-they-wouldnt-go-to-waste

I got 5lbs of free potatoes at work the other day because we cant load wal mart trucks that aren't empty. So throw it away or give it away. So the shippers parked the pallets in the cooler and we all got some free potatoes. 

Thankyou for that link.  I mentioned in this thread, that I once worked at a food bank, supported by our church.  I know if a farmer, just offered to have us come to pick up his produce, we would have happily driven to take him up on his offer. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Thankyou for that link.  I mentioned in this thread, that I once worked at a food bank, supported by our church.  I know if a farmer, just offered to have us come to pick up his produce, we would have happily driven to take him up on his offer. 

I had thought about why wouldn't  they offer a pick your own type of deal but I would guess social distancing would not allow that. 

27 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

If this turns put to be true the only thing sad about this @rico is that we shut the world's economy down when the vast majority of us had/have likely already been exposed.  It's extremely good news that it is way way way less deadly than first expected.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 2

And from the east coast.  1/3 tested out of 200 have anitbodies.  https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/

More info comes out like this across the country and we can call this thing over.  Put a stake in and be ready to be bombarded with trash politics til election.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

And from the east coast.  1/3 tested out of 200 have anitbodies.  https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/17/business/nearly-third-200-blood-samples-taken-chelsea-show-exposure-coronavirus/

More info comes out like this across the country and we can call this thing over.  Put a stake in and be ready to be bombarded with trash politics til election.  

This whole thing has been politics from the start and is bullshit.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted everyone to know that I have tested positive for the virus.  Have not really been really sick or had that many symptoms.  I had a low grade fever and some congestion but felt pretty good.  Main reason I wanted to go to the doctor and get tested was my elderly parents lives with me. Just wanted people to know that you can have this without being sick.  Even the doctor was not even going to test me since my symptoms was not that bad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 8

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Just wanted everyone to know that I have tested positive for the virus.  Have not really been really sick or had that many symptoms.  I had a low grade fever and some congestion but felt pretty good.  Main reason I wanted to go to the doctor and get tested was my elderly parents lives with me. Just wanted people to know that you can have this without being sick.  Even the doctor was not even going to test me since my symptoms was not that bad.

Glad it doesn't have you down like it has some people...

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Be safe buddy. Honestly I've felt symptoms and haven't been tested. Takes courage to go get the test. Will be thinking of you and see you on the other side.