2019-20
2018-19
2017-18

GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
3 30.3 45.9 40.0 46.2 6.3 1.7 0.3 2.3 1.7 1.3 14.0
32 30.4 49.2 26.3 67.3 5.2 0.9 0.3 1.0 2.1 1.6 10.4
35 24.7 49.6 21.9 51.4 4.5 0.8 0.4 0.6 2.4 1.9 8.2
31 14.9 55.0 30.0 67.3 3.2 0.2 0.3 0.2 1.9 1.1 6.5

His numbers are up some... of course the best team they played so far is North Texas (I guess).

He did the same thing last year, was killing it vs the cupcakes, and then came crashing back down offensively once the level of competition rose. 

59 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Eh, I don't really care how transfers do.

Yeah, I waver between curiosity and indifference.  I'm curious about former players' level of success after they leave but that usually morphs into indifference pretty quickly.  In this case, with everything I've seen and heard, I'm glad for all parties than he moved on.  I really don't think he would have helped IU this year.  I think it's more likely he would have held someone else back from helping and the team chemistry wouldn't have been as good.  That's big for me.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I waver between curiosity and indifference.  I'm curious about former players' level of success after they leave but that usually morphs into indifference pretty quickly.  In this case, with everything I've seen and heard, I'm glad for all parties than he moved on.  I really don't think he would have helped IU this year.  I think it's more likely he would have held someone else back from helping and the team chemistry wouldn't have been as good.  That's big for me.

Agree. There was a pretty heated thread when Smith announced his transfer. I think it's pretty clear IU is at worst just as good, and more likely actually better off. The defense has not taken a single step backwards (at least not yet) and in fact is potentially better (I always maintained Smith a good on the ball defensively but pretty bad off the ball). 

The team chemistry is better, the ball movement is better. It's only 4 games but the consistent effort seems better. We still struggle to shoot obviously, but I'll take Race and Franklin developing and getting those minutes over having Smith on the roster. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

08495B56-6D11-4479-8916-AF6C59C53FE2.png

I wonder how they can substantiate "Living Up to the Hype" with Wisconsin and Iowa whose wins have come against such powerhouses as North Carolina Central, Southern, Western Illinois, Eastern Illinois, Arkansas Pine Bluff and Green Bay?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I wonder how they can substantiate "Living Up to the Hype" with Wisconsin and Iowa whose wins have come against such powerhouses as North Carolina Central, Southern, Western Illinois, Eastern Illinois, Arkansas Pine Bluff and Green Bay?

They need a “stil lookin’ good, but we need to see more category.” Haha.

Interesting that 3 of the better than expected teams played in the Maui Tournament. 

• Like 1