'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not a good start for MSU at Duke with 10 minutes to go in the half

3-15 from the floor and 6 turnovers down 16-7 and luckily for them Duke is shooting 28%

I have to admit that there are a lot of teams that look bad right now.  I need to relax about the Hoosiers.  It's early.

• Like 1

I still think some of the reasons for offensive problems in college is it is to much off the drive or ball screens.  If you are super talented and have good offensive guys who can create their own shots this offense is fine. The problem is that most teams in college don't have that but are still using this kind of offense.  I still think more motion and off the ball screens to get players open is the best way for less talented teams.  This is why I always like watching teams like Davidson and Belmont us that they run that kind of offense

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The Duke / UK recruiting strategy just does not work in today's game.

Duke should emulate IU as their strategy has clearly been an abysmal failure.

I mean in the last ten years of the tourney they have only....

2 years - year ended winning a National Championship

3 years - ended in the elite 8 ( so they made the elite eight or better 5/10 years.....pretty damn good)

2 years - year ended in sweet 16

1 year - round of 32

2 years - lost in first round

10/10 years making the tourney.

I realize a lot of fans like to deride Duke when they do not get as far as advertised but man it would have been fun to have had IU be in the hunt each of the last 10 years, in the tourney all 10 years while winning 2 more nattys.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

Duke should emulate IU as their strategy has clearly been an abysmal failure.

I mean in the last ten years of the tourney they have only....

2 years - year ended winning a National Championship

3 years - ended in the elite 8 ( so they made the elite eight or better 5/10 years.....pretty damn good)

2 years - year ended in sweet 16

1 year - round of 32

2 years - lost in first round

10/10 years making the tourney.

I realize a lot of fans like to deride Duke when they do not get as far as advertised but man it would have been fun to have had IU be in the hunt each of the last 10 years, in the tourney all 10 years while winning 2 more nattys.  

Since they have went to the one and done model they won one championship.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since they have went to the one and done model they won one championship.

And they were in the Elite 8 each of last two years.
In the last 5 years of one and done they have a sweet 16, two elite 8’s and a national championship.  Is that failure? “Only” one national championship......we are on year 37 and hoping for a 6-12 seed.

Edited by IU878176

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not a good start for MSU at Duke with 10 minutes to go in the half

3-15 from the floor and 6 turnovers down 16-7 and luckily for them Duke is shooting 28%

It’s really a weird year with covid.

Have to wonder how, or if, MSU would have responded, after starting 3-15 with 6 to’s, if Cameron was packed with students going nuts

Edited by IU878176
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To coaches out there are big kids being taught a pump fake and the up and under move.  I see so many bigs guys go up and getting their shots blocked in the KU game.

It's taught at the high school level, not college.  Go up strong or with your best move, counter move.

It has been said before that Knights players had to be taught to forget the pump fake in the NBA.

I for one, think the pump fake in the paint or shot fake are still the number one fundamental move all players should use beyond a triple threat.