'21-'22 National Hoops Scene

rico

On 12/3/2020 at 4:11 PM, BGleas said:

Agree. There was a pretty heated thread when Smith announced his transfer. I think it's pretty clear IU is at worst just as good, and more likely actually better off. The defense has not taken a single step backwards (at least not yet) and in fact is potentially better (I always maintained Smith a good on the ball defensively but pretty bad off the ball). 

The team chemistry is better, the ball movement is better. It's only 4 games but the consistent effort seems better. We still struggle to shoot obviously, but I'll take Race and Franklin developing and getting those minutes over having Smith on the roster. 

Spacing. Spacing is already clearly better. Shooting will come along, it’s early. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Spacing. Spacing is already clearly better. Shooting will come along, it’s early. 

Absolutely! I can't find the tweet, but I saw a tweet after Maui/Ashville, that if you remove the freshmen attempts the team is actually shooting close to 40% from 3 through 4 games. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Absolutely! I can't find the tweet, but I saw a tweet after Maui/Ashville, that if you remove the freshmen attempts the team is actually shooting close to 40% from 3 through 4 games. 

Considering number of 3-point shots first --

Al 4-10 / 40%

Franklin 2-10 / 20%

Rob 4-6 / 67%

Jerome 2-6 / 33%

Race 1-2 

Franklin is the outlier for the vets. Small sample size so far but lines up with Cam's comments Al, Rob and Hunter are the best 3-point shooters on the team. They need to shoot more outside shots.

Frosh 

Lander 2-13 / 15% (dang)

Trey 1-6 / 16%

Leal 0-3

Geronimo 1-2

Kind of surprised Lander has taken more 3's than anyone, while missing almost all of them. CAM must be giving him some rope to get his confidence going -- Good generally but I would rather see Al Rob and Hunter taking the most 3's -- and getting more encouragement to do so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Thought I heard somewhere that Asheville has two E's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

I heard it on the Assembly call that the freshman was 3 for 22 and the rest was 14-36

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BDB said:

Thought I heard somewhere that Asheville has two E's.

Best description I’ve heard of Asheville is “Appalachian hippies”. When I was there, people were shooting up in a park downtown in the middle of the day. My first reaction to Asheville was, “so this is where all the unemployed liberal arts grads go”.

On the other hand, Greenville SC, about 90 miles from AVille is really nice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

On the other hand, Greenville SC, about 90 miles from AVille is really nice.

Retired down here in SC about 11 years ago. The whole state is nice. Charleston gets flooded easy like N'Orleans, but there are a lot of nice places to visit and live. We happen to live in Aiken (west side of the state, not far from Augusta, GA)

• Like 1