Big Ten 2021-2022

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So, why did Gard not understand that was a poor decision? 

Prob because he’s an adult and figures Howard could act like one too, give their reasonings, hash it out, and move on. Poor timing? Maybe? I’m sure Gard didn’t expect Howard to react that way. Guess there was a difference between giving a hoot that there was no bad blood afterwards and not giving a hoot. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Because it happens everyday in athletics. You coach you understand that. 

No. I don't allow other coaches to speak to me that way after a game. I also don't allow parents to speak with me. 

If either of those parties want to have a discussion, we can do it the next day, after we've been able to sleep on it. You aren't grabbing me, getting in my way, and making me talk to you. 

As an adult, an experienced coach, how does Gard not understand that wasnt the time? That wasn't very cryptic. Just idk use any sort of common sense. I only said I'd suspend him a game, so obviously I understand what he and Howard did are on different levels of wrong. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Which part was a poor decision.  The pressing , the timeout, the handshake line, the grab of the arm which 

The grab of the arm and the "splaining" 

I am not saying these kind of things don't happen all of the time and no question that Coach Howard was way more out of line, but happening all the time and being the right thing to do are not the same thing. 

I am biased though, because I just feel that Wisconsin is the dirtiest team in the B1G. When a team is consistently dirty, it reflects on the coach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

Prob because he’s an adult and figures Howard could act like one too, give their reasonings, hash it out, and move on. Poor timing? Maybe? I’m sure Gard didn’t expect Howard to react that way. Guess there was a difference between giving a hoot that there was no bad blood afterwards and not giving a hoot. 

So he assumed the heated thug from Chicago with a reputation was just going to let it go? Interesting, stupid strategy. 

I don't keep pestering my wife when shes p*****. I know better than that. 

The conversation could wait. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

No. I don't allow other coaches to speak to me that way after a game. I also don't allow parents to speak with me. 

If either of those parties want to have a discussion, we can do it the next day, after we've been able to sleep on it. You aren't grabbing me, getting in my way, and making me talk to you. 

As an adult, an experienced coach, how does Gard not understand that wasnt the time? That wasn't very cryptic. Just idk use any sort of common sense. I only said I'd suspend him a game, so obviously I understand what he and Howard did are on different levels of wrong. 

Speak to you in what way? Or just not have any type of conversation at all? 

Just now, btownqb said:

So he assumed the heated thug from Chicago with a reputation was just going to let it go? Interesting, stupid strategy. 

I don't keep pestering my wife when shes p*****. I know better than that. 

The conversation could wait. 

He assumed another adult would be able to hash out their differences with respect and move on. Obviously, he should have known that Howard was a thug that doesn’t act like an adult when things don’t go his way.

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Because it happens everyday in athletics. You coach you understand that. 

Does that mean its ok?  Because it happens all the time?  I can think of lots of things throughout history that used to happen all the time and were ok at the time, but really weren't ok and eventually changed.  Maybe grabbing anyone shouldn't happen.  Its not ok to grab a player.  Not ok to grab an assistant coach, shouldn't be ok to grab an opposing coach for any reason either.

I get what you're saying that it happens all the time, but maybe it shouldn't.  I am just one of those people who doesn't like having anyone lay hands on me when i don't want it to happen.  I don't need anyone to hold me still and explain to me whatever it is they want.  But that is just me.  I like my personal space.  And i have coached before, but never at a higher than pop warner level of football or baseball.

• Like 1

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

He assumed another adult would be able to hash out their differences with respect and move on. Obviously, he should have known that Howard was a thug that doesn’t act like an adult when things don’t go his way.

I agree. So, like I said the whole time.... tf is Gard doing? Obviously that was a stupid strategy. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

What is everyone doing here?  Giving opinions.  Just like you just did.

And this isn't the news.   Our opinions on here are just that.  But when you have the CBS Morning news telling people their opinions it's no longer news.  When a news person throws in their opinion it's them trying to influence their audience.  There was a time when a story was a story and we as viewers could make our own decisions on a topic.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Indy1987 said:

And this isn't the news.   Our opinions on here are just that.  But when you have the CBS Morning news telling people their opinions it's no longer news.  When a news person throws in their opinion it's them trying to influence their audience.  There was a time when a story was a story and we as viewers could make our own decisions on a topic.

Go Hoosiers!!!

I think he was talking about a sports talk show on CBS sports…

You’re correct that a lot of what we consume as news today is editorial and most if not all should make that distinction more obvious. There have been “news” organizations sued and as their defense they argued no one should take them seriously - that’s sad, IMO. 

• Like 1