Big Ten 2021-2022

Just now, IUFLA said:

I'm not mad at all. I do kinda feel sorry for you that you don't recognize what on one hand is a valid question (if @btownqb condones what Juwan Howard did, he might be susceptible to doing that himself...he is a coach by the way) versus looking at what Gard did and equating it to condoning sexual assault.

That is at best trying to buttress a poor point by making unwanted advances a punchline and at worst minimizing sexual misconduct...

Why are you still tagging me in your posts? 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Fighting is something that can come from competition. This is way overblown in my mind.   It was open-handed, while jumping over 3 people, and did absolutely no damage.  Howard looks like a hot-head.  Gard looks like someone with an attitude problem.  And Krabbenbutt comes across as one of those guys who think they are tough when they are behind a wall of people.  

Suspend the three coaches, as well as the players that threw punches and move on. 

And, if they want to suspend Davison for being a douche, I'm okay with that.

So I guess it was ok for Juwan to light the fuse that ended up seeing at least 2 of his kids (and possibly one from Wisconsin) throwing real haymakers? Come on man...

Just now, IUFLA said:

So I guess it was ok for Juwan to light the fuse that ended up seeing at least 2 of his kids (and possibly one from Wisconsin) throwing real haymakers? Come on man...

Thats the problem.. you thought he lit the fuse, no no, he threw gasoline on it. 

He didn't light the thing at all. I thought that was pretty obvious. 

11 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm not mad at all. I do kinda feel sorry for you that you don't recognize what on one hand is a valid question (if @btownqb condones what Juwan Howard did, he might be susceptible to doing that himself...he is a coach by the way) versus looking at what Gard did and equating it to condoning sexual assault.

That is at best trying to buttress a poor point by making unwanted advances a punchline and at worst minimizing sexual misconduct...

Apparently I’m stupid according to you, so can you clarify what you mean if you aren’t saying it’s okay to touch someone that doesn’t want to be touched?

And if you don’t think that’s an okay thing, then you agree that Gard and Krabanoff also crossed a line?

13 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Not a single person has said what Juwan did was okay. I know I’m the stupid one but that seems pretty clear at this point….

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Fights happen.  In high school, one of my best friends and I got into a knock down drag out fight in the locker room, literally rolling on the floor pummeling each other with punches.  2-3 days later it was forgotten.  As adults, we both were in the other's wedding.  

We're asking these players and coaches to bring intensity to their craft.  When they're not we call them 'soft'.  Howard was wrong.  Gard was wrong.  Krabbenbutt was wrong.  The players that threw punches were wrong.  But, it was something that happened in the moment.  It started with both coaches were defending their team.  

Suspensions are warranted, and in Howard's case a long one.  But, talk of firing him is blowing this thing out of proportion.  Acting like this was some horrific event is blowing it out of proportion.  If Howard had punched a player like Woody Hayes did, then we have a different matter.  But, he didn't.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Fights happen.  In high school, one of my best friends and I got into a knock down drag out fight in the locker room, literally rolling on the floor pummeling each other with punches.  2-3 days later it was forgotten.  As adults, we both were in the other's wedding.  

Which wedding? If it was #7, you were just running out of groomsmen

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

What culture was that? I’m genuinely confused. 

Words used at the time included insubordinate, lack of respect, cocky to the point of being insufferable.

Not to mention that there was money laundering involving them going on.

Seems to me Juwan has carried over that lack of respect, towards his peers, towards respecting rules, towards not being a street (insert word) to his adult life and really can’t control it, or want to control it as a rational adult would 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Thats the problem.. you thought he lit the fuse, no no, he threw gasoline on it. 

He didn't light the thing at all. I thought that was pretty obvious. 

Juwan lit the fuse pressing walkons with the game basically over. Gard accelerated  the fuse with the timeout. Juwan went to the back of the line for a reason. Usually a head coach will lead. Juwan was mouthing something under that damn mask and Gard got handsy with him. Then the gasoline came . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JW75 said:

Juwan lit the fuse pressing walkons with the game basically over. Gard accelerated  the fuse with the timeout. Juwan went to the back of the line for a reason. Usually a head coach will lead. Juwan was mouthing something under that damn mask and Gard got handsy with him. Then the gasoline came . 

I wouldn't include that part, but to each their own.  

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Apparently I’m stupid according to you, so can you clarify what you mean if you aren’t saying it’s okay to touch someone that doesn’t want to be touched?

And if you don’t think that’s an okay thing, then you agree that Gard and Krabanoff also crossed a line?

Gard offered his hand and Howard responds by ignoring it and saying "we'll remember that" upon which Gard hooks his arm to try and explain his position...spur of the moment thing. Was that the right thing to do?

Maybe not...but I can understand why he did it, because Howard accused him of doing something unsavory in coaching the game...Howard fired the first shot when with the shot clock off and down 14 he decided to press against walk-ins for God's sake. If I were Gard, I would have wanted to make that point too...

Equating something spur of the moment like that with "inappropriate touching" or even "unwanted touching"  is misguided...and then making the leap into sexual context really isn't appropriate at all...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Not a single person has said what Juwan did was okay. I know I’m the stupid one but that seems pretty clear at this point….

@btownqb said Krabbenhoft "got what he deserved." That's not saying it's "ok"?

de·served
adjective
  1. rightfully earned because of something done or qualities shown; merited.

Just now, btownqb said:

That's a consequence. There are consequences for every action. 

I'm going to drop this...you didn't say "he suffered the consequences of his actions" (and I'm not quite sure what actions were talking about...being in the front of a scrum?) you said he "deserved" it.