Big Ten 2021-2022

Kevin Warren is such a joke of a commissioner. 2 years ago he decided Alan Griffin should sit out for 2 games after he stepped on Stefanovic. And not only that, but a "public reprimand"! Here's his statement on that:

FMKZ7Y5XsAYguzk?format=jpg&name=large

Now that "hostile and unsafe" environment that he was concerned about happens in Madison and guys throwing multiple punches get 1 game. Let's compare the statement for today:

FMKZ7vcXsAE90gq?format=jpg&name=large

I guess more learning experiences and teachable moments are needed In the meantime, if a brawl breaks out just make sure you don't step on anyone!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Kevin Warren is such a joke of a commissioner. 2 years ago he decided Alan Griffin should sit out for 2 games after he stepped on Stefanovic. And not only that, but a "public reprimand"! Here's his statement on that:

Now that "hostile and unsafe" environment that he was concerned about happens in Madison and guys throwing multiple punches get 1 game. Let's compare the statement for today:

I guess more learning experiences and teachable moments are needed In the meantime, if a brawl breaks out just make sure you don't step on anyone!

Just do it in Wisconsin were it is acceptable and taught in every practice

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Just do it in Wisconsin were it is acceptable and taught in every practice

Yeah, I am going to be honest here and say that what Howard did was wrong.  In the context of the game though, I am telling my players to foul Davis and Davison like they are Pippen and Jordan and we are the Bad Boy Pistons everytime they come in the lane.  If the Big Ten is not going to protect my guys in games, I am escalating.

That team never faces any repercussions for how they act.  So handle it on the court.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Warrens been a joke since the start. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Warrens been a joke since the start. 

You mean you don't like the inconsistent punishments for players/coaches, the inconsistency of how our games our called...the inconsistency of the basketball schedule and of course inconsistency of imbalanced football division?

This is all on Kevin Warren. The Inconsistent 10 brought to you by we don't care because we're getting filthy rich. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

You mean you don't like the inconsistent punishments for players/coaches, the inconsistency of how our games our called...the inconsistency of the basketball schedule and of course inconsistency of imbalanced football division?

This is all on Kevin Warren. The Inconsistent 10 brought to you by we don't care because we're getting filthy rich. 

(During Covid)

"no football"

"just kidding football, but if you don't play x amount of games, you can't play in conference championship"

"just kidding, OSU you guys can go to the BTCG, we are just going to change the rule we just put in place"

Now it's this-

"we won't suspend Krabbenhoft for literally escalating a deescalating situation that led to physical altercation" 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

(During Covid)

"no football"

"just kidding football, but if you don't play x amount of games, you can't play in conference championship"

"just kidding, OSU you guys can go to the BTCG, we are just going to change the rule we just put in place"

Now it's this-

"we won't suspend Krabbenhoft for literally escalating a deescalating situation that led to physical altercation" 

Yep....could go on and on with this guy. Clown show from the get go. I knew we were going to miss Delany just didn't know it was going to be this much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep....could go on and on with this guy. Clown show from the get go. I knew we were going to miss Delany just didn't know it was going to be this much. 

Only thing I had a problem with as far as Delany goes is playing football on Fridays. Obviously that's a very specific complaint, but yeah, I'd take him back in a heart beat. 

Also for anyone, I didn't read the press release they sent out. Is JH suspended for any more basketball games that UM plays this season? or is literally just the "regular season" and he's back for the BTT? 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Only thing I had a problem with as far as Delany goes is playing football on Fridays. Obviously that's a very specific complaint, but yeah, I'd take him back in a heart beat. 

Also for anyone, I didn't read the press release they sent out. Is JH suspended for any more basketball games that UM plays this season? or is literally just the "regular season" and he's back for the BTT? 

Just regular season is the way I read it. Back for conference and  tourney play if they make it. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 1

Assuming we want Sparty tonight in Iowa City tonight? Between Sparty, Michigan, Iowa, and us....and all of our schedules I could see us all finishing at 10-10 in conference play. If that happens it likely means we are 8/9 seed and will be playing game 1 on Thursday of BTT at 1130am EST on March 10th. Ugh...hate the early starts.