Big Ten 2021-2022

Howard was lucky there was people in between them and he threw a punk punch at guy that would have kicked his ass if he could have got to him. Howard is such a punk and sore loser. Remember the other night when he goes out and grabs a live ball in a game. Thats an automatic technical. Yet nothing was called. WTF is going on. 

Krabbenhoft is certainly a punk (see video below on what kind of player he was) but I wouldn’t go as far as saying he deserved to get punched. 

On a side note, for punishment can they treat it like the NHL does in terms of a repeat offender situation? I know in hockey if a guy gets suspended multiple times, his games suspended typically goes up. His situation last year against MD when he told Turgeon he was going to “f****** kill him was an insane outburst. This guy clearly has anger management issues. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

Howard was lucky there was people in between them and he threw a punk punch at guy that would have kicked his ass if he could have got to him. Howard is such a punk and sore loser. Remember the other night when he goes out and grabs a live ball in a game. Thats an automatic technical. Yet nothing was called. WTF is going on. 

The technical was called. What didn’t happen was he didn’t get ejected, as that was his 2nd T of the game 

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Normally if I say "got what he deserved" I'm thinking that it's what I would have done in a similar situation...

"If you barge into a crowd the way he did, you should be punched."

And this says to me you'd do the punching if he'd barged into a crowd you were part of...

In certain situations, no question. 

Are you actually surprised Krabbenhoft got hit? His actions seemed the definition of punchable. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

You're a coach...in that "arena"?

I'm really tired of you picking apart and trying to dissect the way I say things and turning them around on me. It's happened multiple times. 

If you want to talk about Krabbenhoft and Howard we can do that. If not, I'm not interested in continuing this conversation. 

7 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Krabbenhoft is certainly a punk (see video below on what kind of player he was) but I wouldn’t go as far as saying he deserved to get punched. 

On a side note, for punishment can they treat it like the NHL does in terms of a repeat offender situation? I know in hockey if a guy gets suspended multiple times, his games suspended typically goes up. His situation last year against MD when he told Turgeon he was going to “f****** kill him was an insane outburst. This guy clearly has anger management issues. 

He deserved punched here too. Lol

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

No. I don't allow other coaches to speak to me that way after a game. I also don't allow parents to speak with me. 

If either of those parties want to have a discussion, we can do it the next day, after we've been able to sleep on it. You aren't grabbing me, getting in my way, and making me talk to you. 

As an adult, an experienced coach, how does Gard not understand that wasnt the time? That wasn't very cryptic. Just idk use any sort of common sense. I only said I'd suspend him a game, so obviously I understand what he and Howard did are on different levels of wrong. 

No opposing coach is making an appointment with to discuss anything.  Parents that's another story I always had a 24 hour rule. If you have never had an issue in the handshake line I am shocked. Does not always have to he negative either. Lots of great things happen but I assure you if i did something to tick another coach or he did that's the time it gets discussed 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No opposing coach is making an appointment with to discuss anything.  Parents that's another story I always had a 24 hour rule. If you have never had an issue in the handshake line I am shocked. Does not always have to he negative either. Lots of great things happen but I assure you if i did something to tick another coach or he did that's the time it gets discussed 

Thats not how I handle it. It doesn't really make sense to do it that way, either. 

I dont make it a habit of trying to make other men do what they dont want to do when theyre fuming mad. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Thats not how I handle it. It doesn't really make sense to do it that way, either. 

My 26 years of coaching experience disagrees with you. Not saying g you are right or wrong but that's pretty much the norm with most coaches I know. None of those in football. The things I have heard in those lines because unlike basketball the fans can't hear at mid field

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I'm really tired of you picking apart and trying to dissect the way I say things and turning them around on me. It's happened multiple times. 

If you want to talk about Krabbenhoft and Howard we can do that. If not, I'm not interested in continuing this conversation. 

I take people at their word...I'm not picking apart anything. 

My personal opinion is that if you justify in your mind in any way, shape, or form, what Juwan Howard did yesterday, then you might be prone to it too...

Hence the Indy Star comment...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My 26 years of coaching experience disagrees with you. Not saying g you are right or wrong but that's pretty much the norm with most coaches I know. None of those in football. The things I have heard in those lines because unlike basketball the fans can't hear at mid field

I've yet to see a situation be "better" because opposing coaches discussed "issues" after a game. 

I understand that is the way a lot of coaches handle these things, I wasn't trying to say you were wrong in that instance. 

I'm saying, if I was JH THAT mad, I would have been trying to do the exact same thing he was doing by walking by. 

He doesn't owe Gard ANYTHING. I think it was stupid for Gard to attempt to talk to him, I think it was infinitely more stupid to try and KEEP talking to him when it was clear nothing was going to be solved. 

Now, this is all with the understanding that what JH did is in no way shape or form ok. I'm just not surprised Krabbenhoft got slapped by the way he acted. As in, I've seen that scenario unfold before. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

My personal opinion is that if you justify in your mind in any way, shape, or form, what Juwan Howard did yesterday, then you might be prone to it too...

Do I think more people should be smacked for the way Krabbenhoft acted yesterday? 

Yes. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I've yet to see a situation be "better" because opposing coaches discussed "issues" after a game. 

I understand that is the way a lot of coaches handle these things, I wasn't trying to say you were wrong in that instance. 

I'm saying, if I was JH THAT mad, I would have been trying to do the exact same thing he was doing by walking by. 

He doesn't owe Gard ANYTHING. I think it was stupid for Gard to attempt to talk to him, I think it was infinitely more stupid to try and KEEP talking to him when it was clear nothing was going to be solved. 

Now, this is all with the understanding that what JH is in no way shape or form ok. I'm just not surprised Krabbenhoft got slapped by the way he acted. As in, I've seen that scenario unfold before. 

He did not walk away. There is no rule that says you have to shake hands. Both coaches knew words were going to be exchanged. He could have went right to locker room if he was that upset. I get what you are saying and are right but coaches in general equal egomaniac

• Like 2

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

He did not walk away. There is no rule that says you have to shake hands. Both coaches knew words were going to be exchanged. He could have went right to locker room if he was that upset. I get what you are saying and are right but coaches in general equal egomaniac

I don't think JH should have said "I'll remember that". I just thought Gard could have caught a hint sooner. 

Not that my opinion matters, but high school coaches typically make between 5-10k for coaching. If a head coach of a high school ever did this, they would be fired immediately. Howard makes millions for a highly regarded program. You wanna argue about timeouts and gamesmanship, fine. Never, never throw a hand. Never 

was 5 seconds away from being an all out melee. Glad it wasn’t the college version of the malice at the palace 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

Not that my opinion matters, but high school coaches typically make between 5-10k for coaching. If a head coach of a high school ever did this, they would be fired immediately. Howard makes millions for a highly regarded program. You wanna argue about timeouts and gamesmanship, fine. Never, never throw a hand. Never 

was 5 seconds away from being an all out melee. Glad it wasn’t the college version of the malice at the palace 

Your last point is so true. I was surprised it wasn't "worse". 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I mean if we are playing that game…. Taking you at your word to touch people who don’t want to be touched and are prone to end up on a registry of some sort…

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean if we are playing that game…. Taking you at your word to touch people who don’t want to be touched and are prone to end up on a registry of some sort…

I never considered you stupid, but that's a very stupid comment... insinuating something like that is way beneath you...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I never considered you stupid, but that's a very stupid comment... insinuating something like that is way beneath you...

Or…. I think you’re being pretty absurd so I just used your own logic on you. Don’t attack @btownqb with that weak crap if you can’t handle it…

If you’re going to assume people are prone to hitting people because they find what Wisconsin did to be something that often results in getting hit, then why wouldn’t the same logic apply to defending the touching?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Or…. I think you’re being pretty absurd so I just used your own logic on you. Don’t attack @btownqb with that weak crap if you can’t handle it…

If you’re going to assume people are prone to hitting people because they find what Wisconsin did to be something that often results in getting hit, then why wouldn’t the same logic apply to defending the touching?

How is it being absurd? @btownqb said Krabbenhoft "got what he deserved." That's not condoning it? That he would resort to punching someone over the same thing is a stretch?

On the other hand you're " logic" equates grabbing a man's arm to molestation...and along with being stupid it's despicable...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

How is it being absurd? @btownqb said Krabbenhoft "got what he deserved." That's not condoning it? That he would resort to punching someone over the same thing is a stretch?

On the other hand you're " logic" equates grabbing a man's arm to molestation...and along with being stupid it's despicable...

People who don’t respect peoples body and space, as in grabbing them when they don’t want to be grabbed, are statistically the type of people who do that. It’s not despicable, it’s a reality and I know that because i protect my children. Just respect people and their body. Simple concept. You don’t have a right to touch anyone, period. 

Edited by KoB2011