Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

People don't realize the CCP owns these businesses and uses them to buy US real estate.  

China is the biggest enemy of the US and the 21st centuries biggest global threat. 

We are still allowing them to much access to our educational, scientific, corporate and military institutions. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the murderous coward in Colorado didn’t count on a veteran being at a drag show. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/21/us/colorado-springs-shooting-club-q-hero.html

“Richard M. Fierro said he was at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends on Saturday, watching a drag show, when the sudden flash of gunfire ripped across the nightclub. His instincts from four combat deployments as an Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan instantly kicked in. Fight back, he told himself.

In an interview at his house, where his wife and daughter were still recovering from injuries, Mr. Fierro, 45, who left the Army in 2013 as a major, according to military records, described charging through the chaos at the club, tackling the gunman and beating him bloody with the gunman’s own gun.”

• Like 4

It’s alarming that the cops allegedly apprehended the person that stopped the shooting, but at least they weren’t cowering in the hallway while children were being killed. 

My favorite part of this though is the drag queen stomping their high heels on the murderer. 

So, we have a good guy with a gun and a drag queen with her heels. 🤣

If this shakes out as truth, this veteran (who also owns a brewery) needs some huge recognition for saving others from being killed. 

“As the fight continued, he said, he yelled for other club patrons to help him. A man grabbed the rifle and moved it away to safety. A drag dancer stomped on the gunman with her high heels. The whole time, Mr. Fierro said, he kept pummeling the shooter’s head while the two men screamed obscenities at each other.

When police arrived a few minutes later, the gunman was no longer struggling, Mr. Fierro said, and he feared that he had killed him. The suspect in the shooting was taken into custody and remained hospitalized on Monday afternoon.

Mr. Fierro said he was covered in blood when the police arrived, and officers tackled him and put him in handcuffs. He said he was held in a police car for more than an hour, and screamed and pleaded to be let go so that he could see what had happened to his family.”

• Like 5

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

@Lostin76

I understand most people's concerns about guns are in untrained hands.  And that is understandable..

But I am capable of handling them on an expert level.  

NYPD are incapable shooting beyond 2 blocks 

Don't blame me friend 

Ha, the NYPD are incapable of putting their cellphones up and paying attention, let alone shooting accurately. 

I just love the attention this guy is getting and rightly so. If this account is accurate, he probably saved a dozen or so lives that night. There was a post on Reddit about people buying out his merchandise on his brewery website. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't going to post this, assuming it may be construed as political, but...

This is simply an indictment of the vast majority of our lawmakers and their priorities...

https://news.yahoo.com/big-cat-bill-unanimously-approved-173859881.html

"This bill has been one of the most important projects during my time in Congress."  Rep. Mike Quigley said in a statement..

Really?

So I looked up how many people have been killed by big cats in the past few years...

Since 1990, 25 people have died because of a big cat attack. Less than 1 per year.

275 more have been injured during that time. That's less than 9 per year... 

Yet almost 20x times that number (175 per) of our citizens are dying from Fentanyl poisoning a day. 

Somewhere between 22-44 (depending on whose stats you believe) veterans are committing suicide per day.

And this Big Cat Bill "is one of the most important projects during my time in Congress"?!?!

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

This is simply an indictment of the vast majority of our lawmakers and their priorities...

"This bill has been one of the most important projects during my time in Congress."  Rep. Mike Quigley said in a statement..

Really?

So I looked up how many people have been killed by big cats in the past few years...

Since 1990, 25 people have died because of a big cat attack. Less than 1 per year.

Yet almost 20x times that number (175 per) of our citizens are dying from Fentanyl poisoning a day. 

Somewhere between 22-44 (depending on whose stats you believe) veterans are committing suicide per day.

And this Big Cat Bill "is one of the most important projects during my time in Congress"?!?!

Sounds like something a banana republic would do. 

These people are just incapable of doing anything meaningful.  

Like George Carlin so eloquently said..."garbage in, and garbage out"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Really?

I don’t think it’s political and I’m sure most of us agree that our politicians are complete hacks and crooks. 

• Like 3