Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

8 hours ago, Reacher said:

I can't believe the air force doesn't have a way to get this down. Is it too high for a helicopter? I guess helicopters go to about 25,000 feet. Snag it with an airplane? Launch our own hot air balloon? Think its dangerous to just let it go.

The President is blocking the order to shoot it down, or capture it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I remember when a Chinese fighter intercepted and "collided" with a US spy plane in international waters forcing it to land in China.  They then captured and interrogated the crew after stealing the plane. They eventually gave it back but not after they got the Intel they needed I'm sure. 

But we let a balloon that should be sitting at the bottom of the pacific just traverse the continent. Our Chinese owned government is pathetic. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I remember when a Chinese fighter intercepted and "collided" with a US spy plane in international waters forcing it to land in China.  They then captured and interrogated the crew after stealing the plane. They eventually gave it back but not after they got the Intel they needed I'm sure. 

But we let a balloon that should be sitting at the bottom of the pacific just traverse the continent. Our Chinese owned government is pathetic. 

Don’t forget the USS Pueblo. I know that was N Korea, but if you think the Chinese didn’t learned from that? well I don’t know what to say!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Holy crap. I saw that pic and thought it looked familiar. Upon research, it is at the corner of Navco Rd and McVay Dr. My Bama house is just 1/4 mile around the corner. I drive through that intersection all the time.

Where were you on or about Feb 1st?  

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

Geez, I get the networks do this to sell outrage and make money but they wouldn't do this if the public didn't eat it up. I haven't intentionally watched news in years. Just a random YouTube clip and article here and there. 

Seems people have lost the art of simply.....ignoring things. 

The plastic mini m&m tube are handy storage containers. 

It’s insane. What they will grab onto to generate fake outrage. Have to keep us outraged over little things like this so we don’t notice them messing with actual things that will impact us all. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Holy crap. I saw that pic and thought it looked familiar. Upon research, it is at the corner of Navco Rd and McVay Dr. My Bama house is just 1/4 mile around the corner. I drive through that intersection all the time.

Small world. One of your neighbors must be hurting. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

One more reason I won’t be getting a motorcycle license, even though the different path in me wants to. Seen the aftermath of motorcycle accidents more than I would’ve liked to.

Have you ever seen someone step in front of a bus? trip going down stairs? Fall asleep next to Lorannia Bobbit?

Riding a Bike danger ranks way below being married.

32 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Have you ever seen someone step in front of a bus? trip going down stairs? Fall asleep next to Lorannia Bobbit?

Riding a Bike danger ranks way below being married.

Worst I ever saw, sitting on the finish line at the Indy 500 73 that got stopped after the Salt Walther crash and then didn’t start again until the rain stopped. (That’s how I got the finish line seat) Saw Swede Savage crash into the inner wall coming out of turn 4 and then witnessed his crewman tumbling down pit road like a raggedy Anne doll after he got hit by the emergency truck! 

But you are right, knowing several people in law enforcement, I know that responding to a domestic dispute is the most dangerous of all!

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11713943/Fears-grow-China-reach-spy-balloon-wreckage-ahead-Navy.html

Was it really necessary to obliterate it? 7 mile debris field? Guess we did not want to analyze it. Should have shot it down before it entered Alaska and done so in a way to preserve it to analyze it. 

Edited by Reacher

8 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11713943/Fears-grow-China-reach-spy-balloon-wreckage-ahead-Navy.html

Was it really necessary to obliterate it? 7 mile debris field? Guess we did not want to analyze it. Should have shot it down before it entered Alaska and done so in a way to preserve it to analyze it. 

Or shot it down over Canada. Like they would do anything to us.

The F22 is outfitted with an M61 Vulcan 20mm machine gun. Could have just poked some holes with that. 

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, DWB said:

The President is blocking the order to shoot it down, or capture it.

Tuesday, Jan. 31

The balloon re-enters the United States over Idaho, to the surprise of officials at Northern Command as well as at the Pentagon.

Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, alerts President Biden. The president asks for military options, including the immediate destruction of the aircraft. Mr. Biden also orders that no activities or sensitive unencrypted communications would be conducted in the path of the balloon.

And then there’s also this:

“I told them to shoot it down,” President Biden told reporters in Hagerstown, Md., on his way to Camp David on Saturday afternoon. “They said to me, let’s wait until the safest place to do it.”

• Like 1

We don't know for sure who said what regarding shooting or not shooting it down. Probably never will. I would hope we were jamming any communications but apparently it was still getting instructions to change its trajectory/ elevation so who knows. I assume we obliterated it out of fear there could have been some weapon on board. For all we know, it could have left a trail of spores all across the country. China learned a lot from this. I hope we have a measured reaction. Ok if we never hear about it. As long as it happens. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Reacher said:

We don't know for sure who said what regarding shooting or not shooting it down. Probably never will. I would hope we were jamming any communications but apparently it was still getting instructions to change its trajectory/ elevation so who knows. I assume we obliterated it out of fear there could have been some weapon on board. For all we know, it could have left a trail of spores all across the country. China learned a lot from this. I hope we have a measured reaction. Ok if we never hear about it. As long as it happens. 

Lets hope the Norks dont order any balloons for weather experiments because now they have a potential delivery system and SOPs on how to use it.  

• Like 1