Stories That Make You Shake Your Head At The World

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

China is able to control it somewhat as its trajectory has changed. Recently at 60,000 feet or 11 miles or 14,000 meters. Current trajectory puts it on a path to go right over Norfolk Naval base. 

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

The chart @Reacher posted was in meters and AGL (Above Ground Level) not MSL (Mean Sea Level)

15,000 meters is about 50,000 ft...

Well crap, out of 50 BMG range. Now I'll need another excuse to get one. 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We have drones that can go up to 65,000 MSL...High grade cameras in them too...

Remember when I was in military aerospace, they had an employee relations event and brought in a Navy pilot and an Air Force pilot to talk. The Air Force pilot talked about how they stripped down an F15, chained it to the ground and kicked on the afterburners. Said it was airborne in about 500 feet and set all of the time to altitude records! The plane actually left atmosphere and the pilot earned his Astronaut wings. I think if they wanted they could put a few rounds through the balloon and bring it down nice and slow! 
Of course the Navy pilot came in after and said 500 feet? I wish I had 500 feet to take off!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Not high enough to be effective for a high altitude EMP.  

Apparently it can go much higher and be a very effective EMP delivery vehicle.

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

So this balloon travels across Alaska and Canada and we just notice it over Montana?

According to the pic I posted earlier, there was a sighting over the Aleutian islands

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Apparently it can go much higher and be a very effective EMP delivery vehicle.

According to the pic I posted earlier, there was a sighting over the Aleutian islands

I guess all you really need is a targeted emp to take out a major substation. Shut down DC and that would cause quite a bit of chaos. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I guess all you really need is a targeted emp to take out a major substation. Shut down DC and that would cause quite a bit of chaos. 

They were saying if it happened on the east coast, the cascading ripple effect would be enormous and it could be up to a year to restore the grid. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

They were saying if it happened on the east coast, the cascading ripple effect would be enormous and it could be up to a year to restore the grid. 

This is always something in the back of mind. After decades of not investing in infrastructure on any meaningful level, our power grids are sitting ducks for something like this. We have to be the “shitholeiest” rich country in the world. Tons of money for Wall Street, gas companies, and political campaigns, but no one wants to invest in infrastructure. Not sexy enough or annoying enough to your political enemies. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

This is always something in the back of mind. After decades of not investing in infrastructure on any meaningful level, our power grids are sitting ducks for something like this. We have to be the “shitholeiest” rich country in the world. Tons of money for Wall Street, gas companies, and political campaigns, but no one wants to invest in infrastructure. Not sexy enough or annoying enough to your political enemies. 

Maybe if congress wouldn't shirk their duties while they sit on useless comittees waiting to review bills written by special interests then more would get done. 

I guarantee if they had to write their own bills they wouldn't turn into thousand page bloated behemoths. There is more pork in congessional legislation than in the state of Virginia.

Problem is we have idiot representatives because we have a majority idiot voter population. 

Time to take a break from Bill Burr standup specials.  

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Maybe if congress wouldn't shirk their duties while they sit on useless comittees waiting to review bills written by special interests then more would get done. 

I guarantee if they had to write their own bills they wouldn't turn into thousand page bloated behemoths. There is more pork in congessional legislation than in the state of Virginia.

Problem is we have idiot representatives because we have a majority idiot voter population. 

Time to take a break from Bill Burr standup specials.  

We are a nation of proud idiots. Too busy cryassing about the color/shape of M&Ms to seriously consider how far we are falling behind the rest of the world. We’ve got it perfectly set up for the left and right to argue amongst themselves while we fall apart. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

We are a nation of proud idiots. Too busy cryassing about the color/shape of M&Ms to seriously consider how far we are falling behind the rest of the world. We’ve got it perfectly set up for the left and right to argue amongst themselves while we fall apart. 

I remember voting for Ross Perot, my friends told me it was a wasted vote. I said, au contraire “I think it was the most valuable vote I ever made, I told both parties I thought they were doing a crap job!”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I remember voting for Ross Perot, my friends told me it was a wasted vote. I said, au contraire “I think it was the most valuable vote I ever made, I told both parties I thought they were doing a crap job!”

That’s a name I haven’t heard in forever! 

19 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

What problem are people having with M&Ms? I was under the impression the candy colored coating didn't affect the flavor.  I accept all colors and shapes of m&ms. I only discriminate when it comes to the different varieties.  Some just shouldn't have been attempted. 

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

What problem are people having with M&Ms? I was under the impression the candy colored coating didn't affect the flavor.  I accept all colors and shapes of m&ms. I only discriminate when it comes to the different varieties.  Some just shouldn't have been attempted. 

I really wish I was joking about this, but nope. This is where some of us are as a society:

M&M’s Candy Mascots Put On ‘Indefinite Pause’ Amid Tucker Carlson’s Attacks On Their Alleged Sexuality And Weight

Fox News personality Carlson dedicated a segment to the candies, saying “the woke M&M’s are back,” the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe” and “there is also a plus-sized, obese purple M&M.”

Conservative personality Nick Adams tweeted “every American with half a brain should be outraged by M&M’s going woke,” as “manhood is under attack like no other time in world history.”

In a Monday announcement, M&M’s said it “didn’t expect” for the changes it had made to its spokescandies to “break the internet,” and noted “even a candy’s shoes can be polarizing,” which is the last thing the brand wanted, “since we’re all about bringing people together.”

The spokescandies are being put on an “indefinite pause,” and are being replaced by comedian Maya Rudolph.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I really wish I was joking about this, but nope. This is where some of us are as a society:

Fox News personality Carlson dedicated a segment to the candies, saying “the woke M&M’s are back,” the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe” and “there is also a plus-sized, obese purple M&M.”

Conservative personality Nick Adams tweeted “every American with half a brain should be outraged by M&M’s going woke,” as “manhood is under attack like no other time in world history.”

In a Monday announcement, M&M’s said it “didn’t expect” for the changes it had made to its spokescandies to “break the internet,” and noted “even a candy’s shoes can be polarizing,” which is the last thing the brand wanted, “since we’re all about bringing people together.”

The spokescandies are being put on an “indefinite pause,” and are being replaced by comedian Maya Rudolph.

Geez, I get the networks do this to sell outrage and make money but they wouldn't do this if the public didn't eat it up. I haven't intentionally watched news in years. Just a random YouTube clip and article here and there. 

Seems people have lost the art of simply.....ignoring things. 

The plastic mini m&m tube are handy storage containers. 

Edited by mrflynn03