'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Iowa has road games at NEB and PSU before the IU game. If they stumble and fall below 75 in the NET, that could be a Quad 2 game. Not good. 

Even if they do, I doubt they’ll stay ranked that low for long unless they’re really not very good.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I know Kris Murray is still out, but come on...

Yeah, still no reason to give up 50+ points in the 2nd half. Saw one comment that EIU had a stretch where they had something like 9 straight dunks/layups in one stretch. Fran doesn't know D...

And EIU's only other win over a D1 team this year is kenpom #363 IUPUI.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Yeah, still no reason to give up 50+ points in the 2nd half. Saw one comment that EIU had a stretch where they had something like 9 straight dunks/layups in one stretch. Fran doesn't know D...

And EIU's only other win over a D1 team this year is kenpom #363 IUPUI.

They have no size or length without Murray 

it looked like Phi Slamma Jamma 

it’s a good time to play Iowa….maybe a good year 

1 hour ago, go_iu_bb said:

It's the NET at the end of the season that matters, not at the time the game is played.

I get that, but they just got waxed by E ILL after recently losing their first B1G game at home in OT to WI. Three of their next four are road games against NEB, PSU and Rutgers, with the IU game in between. Those road games are all losable, but aren't teams that will likely contend for the top of the B1G. IU could be facing a very desperate team, in what would potentially be a Quad 2 win (or loss) at the time. Who knows where they will end the season. 

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I get that, but they just got waxed by E ILL after recently losing their first B1G game at home in OT to WI. Three of their next four are road games against NEB, PSU and Rutgers, with the IU game in between. Those road games are all losable, but aren't teams that will likely contend for the top of the B1G. IU could be facing a very desperate team, in what would potentially be a Quad 2 win (or loss) at the time. Who knows where they will end the season. 

FWIW, at the present Torvik has Iowa losing to Rutgers and Penn St.  In their bracketology they still have the Hawks in as a 10 seed.

Torvik predicts Eastern Illinois to finish 10-21.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just Purchased my annual IU @Iowa game tickets.  I have been going for the better part of 20 years.  If they play in Iowa and there isn't a global pandemic, i am there.

Should be fun this year kicking their ass.  I love wearing my Crimson and Cream in the sea of yellow and black.

Awful confident! 

14 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Awful confident! 

We have the better record there over the last 20 years i have been going.  We don't lose @Iowa very often if my memory serves me.  They won't be able to stop TJD underneath or Malik fort that matter.  They do shoot the 3 better but we're a decent defensive team

Edit, my memory is bad.  We have like a 7-12 record over the last 20 years or so.  I didn't look to deeply though.  Feels like we won more

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 1

Just now, IowaHoosierFan said:

We have the better record there over the last 20 years i have been going.  We don't lose @Iowa very often if my memory serves me.  They won't be able to stop TJD underneath or Malik fort that matter.  They do shoot the 3 better but we're a decent defensive team

Hope you’re right. I’m not so confident, any time we leave Assembly Hall. IU hasn’t been very mentally or physically (for that matter) tough away from the friendly confines in a long time. 

• Like 1