2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

10 hours ago, DC2345 said:

They’ve done a good job so far in the draft. They also will be acquiring some more prospects in a couple weeks. They’ll have a top 5 farm system after the draft and deadline. 

Now how will it translate into wins and losses?

2 hours ago, rico said:

Now how will it translate into wins and losses?

The more high quality prospects they have ranging from ages 17-24 can allow for longer sustained success. The Astros, Rays, and Dodgers are teams that have used their deep farm systems to build the teams the have and sustain the success they’ve had. They’ve used their systems in different ways to get where their at but it all started the same. A deep farm system with young talented players. This is especially important for an organization like the Reds. 

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The more high quality prospects they have ranging from ages 17-24 can allow for longer sustained success. The Astros, Rays, and Dodgers are teams that have used their deep farm systems to build the teams the have and sustain the success they’ve had. They’ve used their systems in different ways to get where their at but it all started the same. A deep farm system with young talented players. This is especially important for an organization like the Reds. 

Having prospects and developing them are two different topics in my book.  It appears to me that the Astros, Rays, and Dodgers not only do a better job of recognizing talent but also of developing it.  Those 3 teams also do a better job of trading.

That being said the Redlegs better get this impending Castillo trade right.

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Might as well go all in and get Trout while they are at it

I just heard rumors that Ohtani is on the market.  His contract is up after next year and apparently he has no interest in resigning with the Angels.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

5'7 to 6'4 during his senior year and beyond? Has to be one of the largest/oddest time growth spurt I've ever heard. You hear about kids shooting up during their fresh/soph years but a senior? Weird.

Very similar to my oldest son. End of Jr year football he was 5'6 beginning of Sr basketball season 6'3 and now 6'4 and a hair

• Like 1

Just listened to a great interview of Rob Dibble on DD show. We went off on how the game of baseball is headed and much they have dumb down the game.  Went off on the commissioner on how he isn't even a fan of the game and don't even watch the game.  He said that lot of guys he played with and has worked in the game for year are leaving the game.  They said the new management don't want to listen to them about the game and only want to use analytical guys.

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

Just listened to a great interview of Rob Dibble on DD show. We went off on how the game of baseball is headed and much they have dumb down the game.  Went off on the commissioner on how he isn't even a fan of the game and don't even watch the game.  He said that lot of guys he played with and has worked in the game for year are leaving the game.  They said the new management don't want to listen to them about the game and only want to use analytical guys.

Dibble is always great when he is on DD show. 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Dibble is always great when he is on DD show. 

Also listen to Dave Roberts on the Dan Patrick show and he talked about what is hurting the game.  He said that since players are only paid off of their homerun totals over everything else you will not see guys changing their approach.  He talked about how AROD was asked why he didn't steal more bases and his response is that they don't pay him to steal bases.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Also listen to Dave Roberts on the Dan Patrick show and he talked about what is hurting the game.  He said that since players are only paid off of their homerun totals over everything else you will not see guys changing their approach.  He talked about how AROD was asked why he didn't steal more bases and his response is that they don't pay him to steal bases.

Just be patient my friend.  Sooner or later some manager is gonna inject some "Billyball" back into the game.  God willing, I want to see another Ricky Henderson.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Just be patient my friend.  Sooner or later some manager is gonna inject some "Billyball" back into the game.  God willing, I want to see another Ricky Henderson.

What drives me crazy is seeing selfishness in some players today.  Especially late in games I see these full shifts and never see anyone try to put a bunt down. When the Reds played at the Yankees when Gallo was up the Reds actually played 4 Outfielders and 3 infielders. None of the infielders were on the left side of the infield and Gallo never tried to bunt or just hit it to the left side.  It wasn't just putting the second basemen in short right field but had 4 guys all in the outfield.