2024 F Liam McNeeley Decommits from Indiana

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Hey gang and the rest. Try this one on for size. Liam was already gone....Kansas said 45 days ago you can decommit to save you and your family the face once IU moves on from Woodson this year. It's an easy out. Fans would understand. Coach is fired we'd love to have you. It's easy to comprehend.

Once Woodson was announced to come back Kansas made the move to save face (own interests)  and make the kid "still look good" by saying hey we want your commit now or we're looking elsewhere.....so the kid and his family announced as quickly as they could.

Kansas and Self played a great game of chess.....but this was in play looooooooooooooooooooooooong before yesterday's announcement of Woodson returning. I hope people understand.

PS....I hope I haven't insulted anyone. 

Again, you realize how dumb this sounds?

• Like 1

I was in indy driving 4 young hoosiers to a hotel to fly out in the morning. Next thing i hear, F this athletic dept. not giving another penny to it. Liam just decommitted. I almost wrecked. you now have 4 student season ticket holders done buying tickets until they fire Woodson. we are now 0-32 in recruiting for the year. Could the worst coach ever do that hell no, but Mike f'ing Woodson has pulled it off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Cool....in the words of other famous posters. Stop It!!!!! Haha. I'm cool with what I know.

Stop what? Claiming you said something dumb? There’s a difference in calling you dumb and calling something you said dumb. What do you know champ? This is some big plus for IU? Please try to justify that! 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hey gang and the rest. Try this one on for size. Liam was already gone....Kansas said 45 days ago you can decommit to save you and your family the face once IU moves on from Woodson this year. It's an easy out. Fans would understand. Coach is fired we'd love to have you. It's easy to comprehend.

Once Woodson was announced to come back Kansas made the move to save face (own interests)  and make the kid "still look good" by saying hey we want your commit now or we're looking elsewhere.....so the kid and his family announced as quickly as they could.

Kansas and Self played a great game of chess.....but this was in play looooooooooooooooooooooooong before yesterday's announcement of Woodson returning. I hope people understand.

Dude you are way better than this mess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Again, you realize how dumb this sounds?

Sorry if you can't see it. It's pretty easy....but thanks for calling me dumb twice. If you can't see the move by Kansas and Self....you certainly couldn't understand why Sampson had Gordon wait to decommit from Illinois until the very end so that Bubbles couldn't make up ground and get E'twaun back. 

Again. Sucks for IU but it's pretty simple to see the maneuver.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952afe6o7fyxo9bopkl8

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Dude you are way better than this mess.

I'm pretty comfortable in what I know. 

I hope people think it out a bit. Does any of this make sense given the timeline? Kid stayed recruited....and committed.....to his Coach and IU...but announced 24 hours after he's leaving?

This was in the works and it sucks for sure but let's not turn a blind eye to what happened.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sorry if you can't see it. It's pretty easy....but thanks for calling me dumb twice. If you can't see the move by Kansas and Self....you certainly couldn't understand why Sampson had Gordon wait to decommit from Illinois until the very end so that Bubbles couldn't make up ground and get E'twaun back. 

😂😂. I’m calling your comments dumb. No idea if YOU are really that dumb. You’re trying to make what kind of point? You’re smart because this makes sense? Yeah, we know it makes sense for him. Why would he want to play for Woodson? No duh. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 1

Just now, Seeking6 said:

A competent staff does not let this happen. We are a dumpster fire. Year 4 will absolutely be the worst of the Woodson era if he is retained. I was going to accept the fact that he’s getting another year and hope for the best.. this is the final straw for me. I have no idea how he turns this around. Liam will not be the only one to jump ship. I know you think highly of Trilly - he thinks that Reneau and Galloway are gone. I wish that things worked out, but we need to make a move. Badly.

• Like 9

I hope people think it out a bit. Does any of this make sense given the timeline? Kid stayed recruited....and committed.....to his Coach and IU...but announced 24 hours after he's leaving?

This was in the works and it sucks for sure but let's not turn a blind eye to what happened.

Who cares where he is going. the why is the question.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KDB said:

A competent staff does not let this happen. We are a dumpster fire. Year 4 will absolutely be the worst of the Woodson era if he is retained. I was going to accept the fact that he’s getting another year and hope for the best.. this is the final straw for me. I have no idea how he turns this around. Liam will not be the only one to jump ship. I know you think highly of Trilly - he thinks that Reneau and Galloway are gone. I wish that things worked out, but we need to make a move. Badly.

We are back to Crean year one and Crean is a better everything than Woodson.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Or maybe he heard Mike Woodson say inside out basketball is the way to play. If I was a 3 and I heard that and saw the 3 years of Woody coaching then I think I’d decommit too.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think this is super plausible and most likely what happened. 

I also think it's embarrassing that Bill Self is playing chess with our recruits, while our coach is asleep at the wheel. 

Time for this program to get serious about basketball and hire a coach that is also playing chess. 

At least someone on here is seeing the game. Thanks @BGleas

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Not the point. Everybody sees it. Woodson sucks and Liam sees it. You proud of yourself for acknowledging it before everybody else? 

These things aren’t mutually exclusive. They can both be true.

• Like 1

Not the point. Everybody sees it. Woodson sucks and Liam sees it. You proud of yourself for acknowledging it before everybody else? 

Liam sees it so much that he stayed committed the entire season until the day after Woodson was retained? Got it there buddy. Again...sorry if you can't see it. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You have one recruit…and you don’t stay in touch to keep him. That’s some coach we have. Woody has no business running a program. We are approaching Patrick Ewing ineptitude now.

No he sure doesn’t and he probably doesn’t care he lost him. His ego is so big that he think he will just go out and build a team if his choice. We’ll hate to tell him but he lost portal players because he wouldn’t promise playing time. Well he will have plenty this year and probably still won’t promise playing time. I’ve never been more confused and frustrated at how and why we can let him keep being the coach. I wish someone would come remove QB because he is as much if not more at fault for letting his friendship get in the way of IU. Too bad there isn’t something in writing about personal friendships getting in the way as a way to remove QB.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

While I’m happy to acknowledge that things have been way too toxic from the fanbase on social media this year, a big reason why Liam was so high on IU in the first place was the fan support and attention he received. 

Fans that don't think what they do and say impact players, coaches, and recruits are being hypocritical though. The same fervor that makes them great goes the other way too. BTW, I don't think he decommitted because of the fans. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Who cares where he is going. the why is the question.

Yep…that’s like ignoring your girlfriend for months and then complaining about the guy that stole her…dude…look in the mirror. There is one person only to blame.

• Like 5

Liam sees it so much that he stayed committed the entire season until the day after Woodson was retained? Got it there buddy. Again...sorry if you can't see it. 

Again, nobody cares… what are you trying to justify? That Woodson is innocent here in losing him? 😂

23 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Literally makes zero sense.  I'll sleep on it and let ya know.  

• Like 2