Big 10 Basketball 2022-23

IUFLA

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Kinda telling, isn't it?

The question is I guess, did the losing cause the dysfunction, or did the dysfunction cause the losing...

I'd say B based on the 5 or 6 times I've watched them play (pre and during the losing skid)...

And I lay that at Holtmann's feet. This rearranging of leadership is a desperate attempt to get the team back... I guess we'll see if it's working Thursday when they host Northwestern, a team they beat handily (by 16) in Evanston when they were playing as a team... 

We had a 3 game losing streak a while back... The only "dysfunction" was on this board 😁 

I think we have a strong enough leader to avoid those kinds of things... 

My one Buckeye fishing friend says that Sueing, Key, and Likekele should never see the floor again.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Whatever is going on with Ohio State I say keep it up. I like seeing them lose. 

Ohio State football is high in my despise list, but they are far down the line in basketball...

They have a good tradition... Guess which Big 10 team has been to the most Final 4s? 

It isn't us or Sparty...

Or Illinois or Purdue 😂😂😂

24 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Ohio State football is high in my despise list, but they are far down the line in basketball...

They have a good tradition... Guess which Big 10 team has been to the most Final 4s? 

It isn't us or Sparty...

I have a rather irrational reason for not liking Ohio State outside of football. 

Their colors are ugly. Not as ugly as Illinois but still bad. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Difference being Clay is actually really smart. I can handle his stuff. Dakich is just a pure windbag.

Agree on Clay.  I just know he has the ability to rub people the wrong way.  Can't disagree with a lot of what he says though.  Dakich doesn't have the same skill set.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

It isn't us or Sparty...

Yeah. The Bucks have a long storied history in hoops for sure.  I think I read a Bucknut fan say this is bordering on the worst season they have had in 25 years conference wise.  IIRC in O'Brien's 1st year they were 1-15 in the B1G.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Agree on Clay.  I just know he has the ability to rub people the wrong way.  Can't disagree with a lot of what he says though.  Dakich doesn't have the same skill set.

If people can step out of their own echo chamber Clay has been right far more than not. He was the first guy I remember at least a decade ago saying ESPN's business model was the Titanic. Broke things down why they would fail and lose money well before anyone. One of many subjects he's been right on. 

Dakich is just what I said earlier. Windbag. Nothing more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

A part of me feels bad for DD. He was clearly either dropped on his head or his dad blasted him in the head with a basketball too many times and the effects TBI is manifesting. 

Dan should have just stuck with doing the color for games on TV.  I thought he was good at that.

• Like 4