Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

Just now, D-BONE said:

A legit preseason top 10 - despite significant injury challenges - should be able to win one or more of our 3 B1G losses.

We still have arguable our two best players out there. Yes, I think JHS big-picture is maybe THE best player on the team talent-wise.

CMW should open up this archaic offense to take advantage of more of the offensive potential (Bates, Copp, Galloway, etc.). GHS is clearly a beast and our other beast - although not having shown shooting prowess outside the lane - is a slick ball handler and passer for his size.

Just now, D-BONE said:

We still have arguable our two best players out there. Yes, I think JHS big-picture is maybe THE best player on the team talent-wise.

Bring on Derik Queen. Heck, give me the entire MonteVerde bench. The entire bench. I really hope to see Queen, JHS and Reneau on the team next season. 🤞 

• Like 2

I really want to get behind Woody so bad, but his decisions caught us a handful of games last year. His decisions are costing us again this year. I said it in the game thread: how many times can we blame it on execution until we realize that this team is not taught how to execute properly. This is Archie deja vu.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

CMW should open up this archaic offense to take advantage of more of the offensive potential (Bates, Copp, Galloway, etc.). GHS is clearly a beast and our other beast - although not having shown shooting prowess outside the lane - is a slick ball handler and passer for his size.

Yep.  Go outside-in.

1 minute ago, tdhoosier said:

I really want to get behind Woody so bad, but his decisions caught us a handful of games last year. His decisions are costing us again this year. I said it in the game thread: how many times can we blame it on execution until we realize that this team is not taught how to execute properly. This is Archie deja vu.

I like that he's a Knight guy and all, but he wasn't particularly good in his NBA tenure. 

Just now, Inequality said:

Bring on Derik Queen. Heck, give me the entire MonteVerde bench. The entire bench. I really hope to see Queen, JHS and Reneau on the team next season. 🤞 

Pick your poison, 

If JHS plays like this the rest of the year we may win some games.  But, if so, he's NBA bound.

If he doesn't play like this, we won't win more than 3 or 4 more games all season.   

• Like 2

I know I have been harping on the officiating. It's been terrible all year. We were careless with ball and probably didn't deserve to win but we have a negative home court advantage at this point. Why can't TJD get obvious fouls called on him? Yes, there were some call that went our way. There were 2 called on us where there was absolutely no contact. Officiating was a factor today. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Pick your poison, 

If JHS plays like this the rest of the year we may win some games.  But, if so, he's NBA bound.

If he doesn't play like this, we won't win more than 3 or 4 more games all season.   

Let the kid play. And let TJD play off him and create for others in addition to his post opportunities. It probably will make little difference if we can't boost both the scoring and the D (somewhat). 

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Yep.  Go outside-in.

I'm oddly not against it with this roster.  Bringing Trayce up on the top of the key just leaves his guy sagging back.  Leave him in the post to draw the double team and let him kick out and then swing around until the shot or lane becomes open.  Rinse repeat.  Since he refuses to be a triple threat even at the elbow, he's going to have to stay buried in the post.  

JHS is no XJ in the pick and roll with Trayce either.  Keeping Trayce in the post will open up more shots for Kopp, Bates, and JHS.  And no we don't need Galloway chucking.  He's reverted back to flinging off the side of his head.  

Edited by NotIThatLives