IU Football 2023

btownqb

47 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I think this is a team (barring injuries) that will get better each game. They have a ton of new players. But I agree, they have to get the running game going early. 

Yes, I agree with being able to improve. That's why I am not especially concerned about D and pass game. With what they've shown already and, as you point out they're still gelling, I am reasonably optimistic. On the ground, we definitely have some talent in the RB room. Can the O-line just be decent against B1G comp opening some running lanes? They have looked okay in pass blocking thus far, but run blocking has been such a crucial weakness for a while. Just the threat of the run would work wonders. 

20 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Yes, I agree with being able to improve. That's why I am not especially concerned about D and pass game. With what they've shown already and, as you point out they're still gelling, I am reasonably optimistic. On the ground, we definitely have some talent in the RB room. Can the O-line just be decent against B1G comp opening some running lanes? They have looked okay in pass blocking thus far, but run blocking has been such a crucial weakness for a while. Just the threat of the run would work wonders. 

I'd like to see them put up 40+ today, with running being the main offensive weapon. 

Well, so reality wrecked the cover the spread party, let alone the run it up pipe dream. Is it just a blip, an outlier? Feels like in contention for the Fantasy Bowl. Gotta fix the coming out sluggish (especially offensively) and the ill-timed, back- breaking big play surrendered immediately. Hard to buck historical trends?

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

Does an analyst coach really have any ability to speak up an help make changes? 
Your past analyst coach said he saw mistakes we were making ,but nothing happened. I’m sure Bell just thought I got this! 

He does when he’s good friends with the new OC. 

• Like 2

With Fuente in position as an analyst, I feel like we have the best offensive strategists since Deboer. Carey knows who we have, what they can and can't do, and how our young qb's are progressing.  Not saying it will change overnight, but simply stopping some of the stupidity of the option and goal line cluelessness will help.

Having two weeks to overhaul should help. And Bostad's blocking philosophy should mesh well with Carey. Let Fuente add to what Carey has been observing,  and we have the best chance for success.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

With Fuente in position as an analyst, I feel like we have the best offensive strategists since Deboer. Carey knows who we have, what they can and can't do, and how our young qb's are progressing.  Not saying it will change overnight, but simply stopping some of the stupidity of the option and goal line cluelessness will help.

Having two weeks to overhaul should help. And Bostad's blocking philosophy should mesh well with Carey. Let Fuente add to what Carey has been observing,  and we have the best chance for success.

Go Hoosiers'! I’m hoping you’re right! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

If we get to 5-7 I would call it a successful season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Won’t allow me to see it…what is it?

Probably because that original tweet was deleted, but a few weeks after that dismissal he was arrested for accessory to murder after the fact. Apparently the original tweet wasn’t worded right or something is what he said. You can go to his Twitter feed and look the story is still there. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I would save Dexter for Wisconsin next weekend.  No reason to trot him out to the bloodbath at PSU for his first game back.

I would save him until we get a coaching staff that has some clue as to what they are doing. We don't want another Michael Penix situation where he gets hurt then transfers and becomes a star.

I have a feeling there will be a mass exodus of players if Allen is allowed to come back. 

The product on the field is garbage and the coaching staff is directly responsible for it. 

• Like 2

I think Allen is back next year! Just to steep a buy out! I do believe IU will be very active again in Transfer Portal to strengthen up our Defensive Backs an more hard running backs like Howland. 
I believe Coach Allen needs to look hard at his Special teams coach. Not saying to fire him ,but we are making too many costly mistakes on that squad. They need to help us win games not put us behind the 8 ball .