IU Football 2023

btownqb

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I like how in 3 years Allen went from going for 2 in OT because he was sick and tired of being close to playing for a tie on the road. 

It really is amazing. On the road, favored to lose by 30+ and you're within striking distance of a win with 3 minutes to go.... don't go conservative! 

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:00 AM, MoyeCowbell said:

It really is amazing. On the road, favored to lose by 30+ and you're within striking distance of a win with 3 minutes to go.... don't go conservative! 

FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/football/indiana-football-coaching-staff-tom-allen-rod-carey-matt-guerrieri-regret-late-game-decisions-at-penn-state

3 hours ago, Reacher said:

Fair or not, no one is going to remember (or really care) about the coaching staff's hindsight and 'what if' pontifications.

It's about stepping up in the moment, when the lights are brightest, and delivering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I doubt he’s gone regardless of how the season ends tbh. 

I think so too there’s three things

1) CTA doesn’t control the offense. With the change they played a tough half against Michigan, a full game against PSU, and in this scenario win 1 game we weren’t supposed to in Wisconsin, and then 3 more games against toss ups.

2) buyout

3) who’s his replacement. 

Not listed in order of importance. 

Edited by ledies22

38 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I doubt he’s gone regardless of how the season ends tbh. 

From what I have read, the buyout drops by $12 M in one year.  Don’t know if that’s real dollars.  My guess is he stays and he tosses the ST coach into the volcano as a sacrificial lamb.  Then next year you have a young ascending QB and a number that may allow enough room to pay bigger to the next guy if that’s where it’s going.   A big issue is who the next guy will be as Purdue is seeing post Brohm.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

From what I have read, the buyout drops by $12 M in one year.  Don’t know if that’s real dollars.  My guess is he stays and he tosses the ST coach into the volcano as a sacrificial lamb.  Then next year you have a young ascending QB and a number that may allow enough room to pay bigger to the next guy if that’s where it’s going.   A big issue is who the next guy will be as Purdue is seeing post Brohm.  

All good points. I think Purdue tried something different with Walters and it’s too early to write him off IMO. But I think they took a chance on someone who could possibly recruit better than other guys they could’ve brought in. Jury’s still out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

All good points. I think Purdue tried something different with Walters and it’s too early to write him off IMO. But I think they took a chance on someone who could possibly recruit better than other guys they could’ve brought in. Jury’s still out. 

Agree.  Way too early.  The ND coach had a rocky start and is turning it around.  I’d be concerned and cautious that he’s a Hazel but he’s got time to improve and prove himself.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Agree.  Way too early.  The ND coach had a rocky start and is turning it around.  I’d be concerned and cautious that he’s a Hazel but he’s got time to improve and prove himself.  

That comparison has come up a lot on our boards and it makes me laugh. Hazell got blown out almost every game and couldn’t recruit worth a lick haha. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That comparison has come up a lot on our boards and it makes me laugh. Hazell got blown out almost every game and couldn’t recruit worth a lick haha. 

It’s not the blowouts it’s that he looks overwhelmed in terms of running a big operation.  That’s a big step for him.  Lot of moving parts and that’s where he and Hazel look similar.  He’s got time though.   He may get there.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It’s not the blowouts it’s that he looks overwhelmed in terms of running a big operation.  That’s a big step for him.  Lot of moving parts and that’s where he and Hazel look similar.  He’s got time though.   He may get there.  

Needs to bring in someone with experience/AHC next year to help with that IMO. Good call. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Cam Camper is out for the season.  He had a procedure on the same knee that had the ACL injury last year.

Such a shame. I feel like his talent has been mostly wasted at IU. He'll have some amazing catches, then be forgotten. A competent OC would've made sure he had numerous targets every game. He's one of the few guys we have that you can throw it up in his area, and let him go get it. I wish him a full and speedy recovery. 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2023 at 9:15 AM, Hoosierinbham said:

Such a shame. I feel like his talent has been mostly wasted at IU. He'll have some amazing catches, then be forgotten. A competent OC would've made sure he had numerous targets every game. He's one of the few guys we have that you can throw it up in his area, and let him go get it. I wish him a full and speedy recovery. 

IU seems to have a couples guys a year with some talent, but the subsequent players need to be a bit better to help support. Seems like we have wasted quite a bit of talent at times without enough talented support.

wouldnt be surprised if Lucas is gone after this year.

• Like 1