IU Football 2023

btownqb

32 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Well this is fun. Not sure I see the “problem” but this is why family members need to stay off of social media.

IMG_3786.jpeg

Wow! That's about as bad as it gets on this front. Literally tagging the coach? He won't find the portal all that friendly either after something like this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Wow! That's about as bad as it gets on this front. Literally tagging the coach? He won't find the portal all that friendly either after something like this. 

The one thing is that Sorsby may have a completely different opinion of the situation himself. That’s why family need to stay off of social media because you make things look bad for the athlete involved whether they share your thinking or not. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BGleas said:

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The one thing is that Sorsby may have a completely different opinion of the situation himself. That’s why family need to stay off of social media because you make things look bad for the athlete involved whether they share your thinking or not. 

Hopefully whoever she is (sister or whomever) realizes that she needs to accept the responsibility of being a family member of a P5 QB....just dumb.

Tayven played well. What angle besides the obvious is she shooting for with that stuff? I remember Coach Allen saying Tayven and Brendan are tight too on and off the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Well this is fun. Not sure I see the “problem” but this is why family members need to stay off of social media.

IMG_3786.jpeg

SMH…hope people don’t hold it against Sorsby…I’m sure he doesn’t support that nor want that type of attention. Unfortunately she is being really selfish with her feelings…obviously not putting her family member first and thinking about him…this is about her thinking her opinion matters.

Edited by dgambill
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

IMG_3786.jpeg

Not mature, professional, or emotionally intelligent.  I like Brendan a lot too.  But this is no different than anything in the business world.  No justification for that post whatsoever.    Coach Allen has been extremely humane and exceedingly fair throughout this process.   This is how the world works. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Not mature, professional, or emotionally intelligent.  I like Brendan a lot too.  But this is no different than anything in the business world.  No justification for that post whatsoever.    Coach Allen has been extremely humane and exceedingly fair throughout this process.   This is how the world works. 

Yep. They’ve both been given a fair shot. I mean, Sorsby has thrown more passes than Tayven through 2 games.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

Yep. They’ve both been given a fair shot. I mean, Sorsby has thrown more passes than Tayven through 2 games.

Yep. She could easily had said “Hey guys let’s support both guys when they are out there! We are all on the same team so please show Brendan the same love as Tayven.” If the negativity around Sorsby online was bothering her.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

If the team we saw in the second half of the Louisville game can consistently show up for 60 minutes, I have some cautious optimism about our odds of getting to 6 wins. 

Agree. Take care of business this week and face the B1G gauntlet from 2-2. Michigan and Penn State can be chalked up as losses. If you pull a massive upset all the better. Essentially have to go 4 of the remaining 6. Can't afford to fall into a lethargic start habit though. That will derail chances quickly. Should be top takeaway for players and coaches from Louisville. 

I don't agree with, but understand, the ultra-conservative play calling against OSU. But for the love of Barry Switzer, can we please stop running the option! It fools no one, puts Tayven at risk,  and gets stuffed almost every time (spoiler alert; qb is keeping because the rb is 2 feet away from him and one defender can take both players). Even the qb draws that aren't usually big gainers serve a purpose to occupy a defender to spy.

Throw the ball to our big receivers and tight end, motion Lucas all over the field, and throw swing passes and wheel routes to Henderson. Mix in Turner for runs between the tackles. Play Lucas and Henderson together more to create mismatches. Just please, NO MORE OPTION!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

I don't agree with, but understand, the ultra-conservative play calling against OSU. But for the love of Barry Switzer, can we please stop running the option! It fools no one, puts Tayven at risk,  and gets stuffed almost every time (spoiler alert; qb is keeping because the rb is 2 feet away from him and one defender can take both players). Even the qb draws that aren't usually big gainers serve a purpose to occupy a defender to spy.

Throw the ball to our big receivers and tight end, motion Lucas all over the field, and throw swing passes and wheel routes to Henderson. Mix in Turner for runs between the tackles. Play Lucas and Henderson together more to create mismatches. Just please, NO MORE OPTION!

I get the frustration with the option, but game 3 and Jackson is starting get the feel of the game and the players. I think if he could get an established Option as an "option" in the tool bag, it can be a big thing. I know he is not the fastest for the option, but could work at times in certain situations with more practice. I'm feel as the OL and Jackson get more comfortable and consistent, we can eventually see success. I agree with you that we need to get more of our tight ends involved....JMO

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Agree 100 percent…Jackson is to slow for the option to truly work..he isn’t a big enough threat to turn it up field and doesn’t have the speed to do it 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, D-BONE said:

An RPO here and there to keep the D honest. Otherwise, TJ is not worth making QB run a major piece of your offense. TJ extending broken plays from the pocket, feeling pressure and moving with eyes downfield and/or the occasional scramble for plus yards. That's the ticket.

Very well said. Escapability and a run threat is all we need.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Very well said. Escapability and a run threat is all we need.

You guys are spot on…not sure why we went away from throwing Lucas the ball in first half…they couldn’t stop him…we are really effective when we go with 2 backs him and Henderson at same time…it really doesn’t seem all that difficult. Not sure how Bell doesn’t understand this…he did have some good calls in 2nd half though.

• Like 1

As some of us have stated, this group seems to have enough to challenge for bowl eligibility. Unfortunately, as is always the case, there's little room for error.

It feels to me like it's going to come down to whether or not we can squeeze even consistent mediocrity out of the run game. The air game has potential with TJ and the WR corps. But it's hard to imagine winning consistently with a terminally anemic ground game in the B1G.

That and avoiding major droughts in level of play, including too many big plays surrendered on D. Can't afford more starts like the Louisville game. But D does look like the massive chunk plays early can be curtailed or significantly reduced via awareness and execution. Hope so anyway.

Edited by D-BONE

13 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

As some of us have stated, this group seems to have enough to challenge for bowl eligibility. Unfortunately, as is always the case, there's little room for error.

It feels to me like it's going to come down to whether or not we can squeeze even consistent mediocrity out of the run game. The air game has potential with TJ and the WR corps. But it's hard to imagine winning consistently with a terminally anemic ground game in the B1G.

That and avoiding major droughts in level of play, including too many big plays surrendered on D. Can't afford more starts like the Louisville game. But D does look like the massive chunk plays early can be curtailed or significantly reduced via awareness and execution. Hope so anyway.

I think this is a team (barring injuries) that will get better each game. They have a ton of new players. But I agree, they have to get the running game going early.