Minnesota Post Game

ButlerHoosier

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

I was answering a question. If people want to move on and call a win a win I have no problem with that. But that was perhaps the most frustrating IU game I have watched in years. 

THe guy never coached a game in his life outside AAU. He is here to bring in players, Relax, Woody will be back.

• Like 3

We won that is the only thing that matters. We played bad and still found a way to win the game. We just need to find away to get the role players to be able to play well on the road.  

Said before the game yo don't mess with winning and momentum by starting Race and don't know if that had anything to do with how we played. Also Race shouldn't have played that many minutes. Reneau played well in the first half but didn't see much time in the second half.

• Like 5

Well we won, so that's always a good thing.

TJD is just a special player. First guy since Hasheem Thabeet to put up 25/20/5 blocks.

Our guards were collectively gutter trash tonight. That had nothing to do with the poor game management from Coach Ya (which I'll get to), they just as a group were really, really bad.

I liked Race's effort, but he isn't in game shape to play those type of minutes. Give him a few minutes at a time and let him get in shape, it was a complete disservice to him. And Malik played really good in the first half and was MIA in the second because Ya was hell bent on playing Race.

We do not win that game without Miller Kopp. Not just hitting shots, but he was a leader out there and was about the only guy I can remember making hustle plays. 

Coach Ya was just terrible. No other way to say it - Malik was so good in the first half and hardly played in the second, no adjustments to the zone, looked afraid to say a word to the refs with some of the calls (thinking specifically JHS getting elbowed in the face and him not forcing a review, but there are tons of other examples).

Please, please, please, get well soon Woody. We really need you. I think we can add X to that list, because whatever anyone thinks of him, he'd have at least had one guard playing their ass off and making shit happen tonight if he was playing. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

I dont think it's fair at all to judge Ya as a coach after one game, on the road, when he found out less than 24 hours in advance he was going to coach.  

C'mon guys.

I’m not saying it’s all in Yasir. But somebody should have benched JHS for a couple minutes in the second half when he was killing us. Somebody should have put Reneau back in. Somebody should have said hey let’s stop rushing shots and get it to TJD at least once every possession and see what happens.  It’s not all on him. But as a staff somebody has to make those decisions.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bushmage said:

I said it was the most frustrating game I have watched in years. CAM coached the hoosiers 2 years ago. And tonight was bad by CAM standards.

I don't know. CAM would have let Battle go off for 40 from 3 and Devonte Green would have started jacking up 3s around the 15 minute mark of the first half. Still love Devonte though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

I’m not saying it’s all in Yasir. But somebody should have benched JHS for a couple minutes in the second half when he was killing us. Somebody should have put Reneau back in. Somebody should have said hey let’s stop rushing shots and get it to TJD at least once every possession and see what happens.  It’s not all on him. But as a staff somebody has to make those decisions.  

Actually he did take JHS out with about 6 minutes to go

• Like 1