Minnesota Post Game

ButlerHoosier

We got some good looks from 3 against the zone, but as I said, The Barn is a hard place to shoot the ball for opposing teams...

Malik got taken out because they kept going to Henley, and he was too quick for Reneau...

I thought maybe Rosemond should have just switched him on to Thompson on defense, cause on offense Malik was wearing out the Gophers inside... 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Really.  He said if you can find 25-30 people in this draft better than Trayce he's going to kiss your a$$?  Probably not exactly how he wanted to say it.  I cringed and laughed.  

Do you need the hearing connect link? Maybe even the "don't shit on your own" link. C'mon man. you couldn't have just moved on past commenting? No, you had to throw some stones. Go get your mind right bro. 

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Bushmage said:

I was answering a question. If people want to move on and call a win a win I have no problem with that. But that was perhaps the most frustrating IU game I have watched in years. 

I feel you.  I started watching live and switched it off about halfway through the first half.  After the game I rewound and watched the last two minutes.  Team looked very uptight.  Glad to get the W, but yeah...I was pissed watching approximately 12 minutes of that garbage.

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Malik got taken out because they kept going to Henley, and he was too quick for Reneau...

The solution isn't to play a guy who missed that much time and couldn't run 17 minutes in the second half. You don't play guys like that coming back from injury, they don't have their lungs back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Not sure why Coach YA is on blast in here. The guy has NEVER coached and got caught up watching i'm guessing. Not used to the stubbing. Showed he isnt close to being ready to lead. That being said, We won not at our best, ON THE ROAD.

And honestly the game plan for the defense wasn’t too bad. Battle played an amazing game and we still limited them to 57 points. We looked lost as usual playing against a zone but it’s not like it’s a one time thing that happened under Ya.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Not sure why Coach YA is on blast in here. The guy has NEVER coached and got caught up watching i'm guessing. Not used to the stubbing. Showed he isnt close to being ready to lead. That being said, We won not at our best, ON THE ROAD.

Bingo. YAZ brings a ton to our program and by all accounts is playing his role very well.

Eating our own like this is not a good look imo. Especially towards a guy filling in a role he has zero experience with.

He is a solid assistant coach. He gives us his best efforts.

Appreciate him., let's move on.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

The solution isn't to play a guy who missed that much time and couldn't run 17 minutes in the second half. You don't play guys like that coming back from injury, they don't have their lungs back. 

I can't remember who was in there with Malik in the 2nd half, or who Minny had on the floor...

But I'll rewatch tomorrow... Winning on the road takes a lot out of us older fellas 😉

I get not wanting to pile on Ya but what I don’t get is just because he’s never been a head coach he couldn’t figure out Malik and JG need to get back in the game. There were insanely obvious things missed. That’s the frustration.

of course he wasn’t gonna be mike woodson. But he was literally a detriment to the team in pretty much all facets. Without Trayce being one of the best in the country we lose to a bad team with only 6 available scholarship players. That’s crazy.

• Like 6