Transfer Portal 2023

Danomatic

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That's not what I'm basing it on at all...the deal with his sister is more a family/feel good story...

Always the first one off the bench cheering his teammates on, giving them encouragement... And I've heard more than a few say he's one of the hardest workers on the team...

If Woody didn't think he served a purpose, I'm sure he wouldn't have kept him...

As for the partying stuff, what college kid doesn't? 

probably the best/most useful 13th scholly in the country. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Kansas transfer Zuby,  who they hoped to have back since MM committed here, has committed to St Johns. Ole Slicky Dicky Rick will have a decent program in a year or so. 

I said when he was hired that with the portal being a thing now that I wouldn't be surprised if he has St. John's in the tournament next year.  

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Ohio St picked one up. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37658087/seth-towns-enters-transfer-portal-ahead-8th-college-basketball-season

I don't think I have my years wrong but to put this context Thomas Bryant was still playing for Hoosiers when this kid entered college.

That was a confusing article to read. The way I read it is he is transferring from Ohio St....? He transferred to Ohio St then got hurt and stepped away from the game and is now in the portal???

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

That was a confusing article to read. The way I read it is he is transferring from Ohio St....? He transferred to Ohio St then got hurt and stepped away from the game and is now in the portal???

That's funny. I just glossed over the article and thought it said coming home so naturally thought he was going to Ohio St. Guess not....thanks for the clarfication!

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Ohio St picked one up. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37658087/seth-towns-enters-transfer-portal-ahead-8th-college-basketball-season

I don't think I have my years wrong but to put this context Thomas Bryant was still playing for Hoosiers when this kid entered college.

Wow, dude is 26 and may actually have two years of eligibility left. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

Remember that one time where someone(s) was trying to know-it-all and was saying that trilly and the social media-ites were pretending to be know-it-alls and really didnt know anything, and they used the Caleb Love story about him decommitting was made up trash? 

some people on here have such strong takes on things and refuse to be open to anything other. It brings me extreme joy when they are made out to be wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Love's career numbers...Per game

14 FGA 36% overall, 32% from 3, 1-1 assist to turnover ratio...

I rewatched the UNC-IU game last night... Love was on Jalen initially, and JHS was lighting him up, so Hubert Davis moved Leaky Black onto him...

I know it was only one game, but comparing his play versus Trey Galloway's it wasn't even close... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I rewatched the UNC-IU game last night... Love was on Jalen initially, and JHS was lighting him up, so Hubert Davis moved Leaky Black onto him...

I know it was only one game, but comparing his play versus Trey Galloway's it wasn't even close... 

I think Trey is a better player. I think Love could serve a role, however, if Woody thinks he can get him to buy in. 

Having a guy off of the bench that can get his own shot and get a bucket, and can help Cupps a lot when they're in together, could be big for a few reasons.

But I don't really think Love is likely to go somewhere that he isn't starting - the best shot of him buying in to playing team ball was probably with us a month ago. Not sure that's realistically on the table now.

All that said, I'm still intrigued. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That's a Hubert mistake lol 

6'6 215 vs. 6'4 200lbs... no chance CL can guard JHS. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Remember that one time where someone(s) was trying to know-it-all and was saying that trilly and the social media-ites were pretending to be know-it-alls and really didnt know anything, and they used the Caleb Love story about him decommitting was made up trash? 

some people on here have such strong takes on things and refuse to be open to anything other. It brings me extreme joy when they are made out to be wrong. 

Holy cow... I stayed out of those convos, the best I could, but someone said Trilly didn't know what he was talking about!?! This dude has been nailing this whole offseason. 

Ant and Trilly clearly get good info. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Holy cow... I stayed out of those convos, the best I could, but someone said Trilly didn't know what he was talking about!?! This dude has been nailing this whole offseason. 

Ant and Trilly clearly get good info. 

He's tweeted a whole list of receipts including one from Caleb Love himself...hilarious...

He's been nailing it...a great follow.

...and meanwhile, I've been trolling Mike Vernon whenever he pops up.  I still can't believe he gets people to pay him $70/month.  That sucker list would be worth a lot in the business/scam world.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

He's tweeted a whole list of receipts including one from Caleb Love himself...hilarious...

He's been nailing it...a great follow.

...and meanwhile, I've been trolling Mike Vernon whenever he pops up.  I still can't believe he gets people to pay him $70/month.  That sucker list would be worth a lot in the business/scam world.

Are you Bob Knight's Burner? He just trolled Vernon on Twitter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2