Army Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

He was referring to the Army players parents from Indianapolis. Come on. Lol

I’m thinking Mgbako. Regardless…Woodson has to recognize Mgbako is a 4…Ant Wright is talking about this right now on twitter/X. Says Indiana will be hurt until Woodson figures this out…Woodson has to play a 3 guard lineup. This current scheme isn’t working.

Edited by Hoosier987
  • Like 1

Something that is really odd to me about the absurd over-helping defense we've run since Woodson has been here, is that he has 30+ years of NBA coaching experience. 

If you help like that in the NBA you'll be down 30 in the first quarter. 

So, where is this coming from? It's just so incredibly puzzling. Every game we complain about, every announcers goes on and on about it. 

Why do we keep doing it?

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

I’m thinking Mgbako. Regardless…Woodson has to recognize Mgbako is a 4…Ant Wright is talking about this right now on twitter/X. Says Indiana will be hurt until Woodson figures this out…Woodson has to play a 3 guard lineup. This current scheme isn’t working.

I think it’s a guard depth issue as much as anything 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It just seems odd to be calling out XJ IMO when he's the only guy that has shown up tonight. 

He was distributing early but his teammates were being lazy, turning it over lazily, etc. 

So he stepped up like leaders do and kept us in the game. He does have 3 assists, and could have had about 5-6 if guys hit shots, so it's not like he was being selfish. 

Not really calling him out... We'll win this game. I know how good X is. But if it's X having to get our points versus UConn, we'll be in trouble