Army Game Thread

KDB

That was my point about X ... I'm relatively sure we're going to win this game, BUT...

We know X can play at a high level... I'd rather him facilitate and get Ware, Mgbako, and Reneau shots... They're the ones that we need to get their confidence and level of play up...

12 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

We’re running the same system as last year and that was with An All American and NBA guard. Thought system would change…believe Woodson said it would once TJD would be gone.

True but we’ve got a lot of new guys. You see guys like XJ getting frustrated with other new guys not being in the right spots on offense.

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

That was my point about X ... I'm relatively sure we're going to win this game, BUT...

We know X can play at a high level... I'd rather him facilitate and get Ware, Mgbako, and Reneau shots... They're the ones that we need to get their confidence and level of play up...

Those other 3 guys need to do their part to make that happen  And, so far tonight, they have not done that.  

• Like 1

Just now, 5fouls said:

Those other 3 guys need to do their part to make that happen  And, so far tonight, they have not done that.  

That may be true to a point, but X is the one with the ball in his hands... And he's in the leadership role...

Woody shouldn't have to get in their grills every game... On the floor leadership needs to step up... 

• Like 1

I know Payton is out of game shape, but sure hope he gets some meaningful minutes in the 2nd ½, cause I think he will bring a ton of effort.

Gallo is awfully quiet tonite. Almost seems like he's trying the force the other guys into more productive rolls. We need him to be "crazy man" again.

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That may be true to a point, but X is the one with the ball in his hands... And he's in the leadership role...

Woody shouldn't have to get in their grills every game... On the floor leadership needs to step up... 

Sorry, but if X has to tell someone else on the floor every time down the court where he should be, that's not on X.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

It just seems odd to be calling out XJ IMO when he's the only guy that has shown up tonight. 

He was distributing early but his teammates were being lazy, turning it over lazily, etc. 

So he stepped up like leaders do and kept us in the game. He does have 3 assists, and could have had about 5-6 if guys hit shots, so it's not like he was being selfish. 

• Like 6